Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

50's Stetson Royal Deluxe - "Viscount" Photos

I stumbled accross a Pristine 50's Stetson Royal Deluxe - "Viscount"
This is how it hit the door step. It has a 2 1/8 inch brim......4 inches up front to the crease. Pretty accurate in color, like a camal tone with brown Gros..Contrasting edge treatment. Real nice color combo. It may go to the classifieds one day soon.

StetsonViscount2.jpg

StetsonViscount3.jpg

StetsonViscount4.jpg

StetsonViscount5.jpg

StetsonViscount25.jpg

StetsonViscount18.jpg

StetsonViscount25.jpg

StetsonViscount12.jpg

StetsonViscount11.jpg

StetsonViscount8.jpg

Last edited:

HatsEnough

Banned
Nice looking lid. But the brim is too short for me or I'd be asking how much!
Still, it is a pleasant color and style and the binding treatment is stylish. That is a fine hat for those that like short brims.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Viscount out and about today. Tim was kind enough to work out consideration for me to adopt the Viscount.

Photo-on-2011-10-20-at-1307-S.jpg

The hat is totally minty. The felt has the vintage felt characteristics of being supple, and maleable with fingers. I have played with the hat enough to know that if side dents where asked, or other than a modified center-dent was asked some steam would be needed. The block pops the hat right out to the shape that Stetson advertisements showcased this hat as. Not hard with steam. The felt is rich and after brushing the hat shines. What fur ends show, when brushed in the same direction provide depth and sheen.

$(KGrHqQOKk!E59vbnV)sBOiV9,74v!~~60_3.JPG

As you can tell from the advert. above the cupping of the brim is farther back, towards the back of the hat, than a more standard Stetson fedora (like a Whippet for example). The smaller brim dimensions and the cupping make it very unique in my hat room. At first my impression was that the ribbon was too wide. But after seeing my image in the mirror/reflections in my travels many times I have changed my mind. The wider ribbon draws attention to the features of the hat, rather than letting your eye settle for a pleasing "expected look," IMO.

Carmel is a more versatile color than I thought. At first I was worried that it would show grime. Not hardly, the carmel hides the marks, makes them disappear into the shadows that play across the hat during the day. Evening, the grime brushes right away. The color has enough hints of other colors to allow it to compliment with other color shades. It even works with cool or warm shades. Excellent color for wearing.

Photo-on-2011-10-20-at-1308-S.jpg

I am enjoying this very unique model Vicount Stetson hat.

Photo-on-2011-10-20-at-1308-2-S.jpg

Thanks for taking a look, Eric -

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Dan'l and Hat; Thanks for the kind comments guys. The hat is comfortably breathing in the hat rack at this time of the evening. Eric -

Egg, thanks. The Carmel, or camel color is worth investigating. It is fun to have this color option to wear.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL