Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

7 1/4 Stetson 7x clear beaver w/box

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
If you really like the hat why don't you just keep it and take it apart and resize it to fit you? You're good with conversions. You'd have a nice hat that fits. If you're just a size bigger you could probably reuse some of the original stuff that came with it. If I wasn't so financially embarrassed I'd buy it from you.

DOGMAN

One Too Many
I just can't make myself alter this hat in any way.I could more than likely stretch it to fit me,but I don't even want to do that.It's just to nice a hat.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Don't "stretch" it. That will ruin the contour of the crown at the bottom (bulges it). Stretching is for "gentle" expanding of the sweat, and should not show.
Only way to enlarge hat (upsize) is to have it professionally dismantled, blocked, and reassembled. This will shorten the brim, and require a new quality sweat
and ribbon. A Clear Beaver 7X vintage Stetson should be kept intact, for vintage value.

DOGMAN

One Too Many
Don't "stretch" it. That will ruin the contour of the crown at the bottom (bulges it). Stretching is for "gentle" expanding of the sweat, and should not show.
Only way to enlarge hat (upsize) is to have it professionally dismantled, blocked, and reassembled. This will shorten the brim, and require a new quality sweat
and ribbon. A Clear Beaver 7X vintage Stetson should be kept intact, for vintage value.
100% agree.

DOGMAN

One Too Many
Looks like my plan worked.Told my wife I would sell this hat.Fiqured if I ask way to much for the hat..it doesn't sell.So I get to keep it....Showed my wife this post.She didn't see the humor of it.I told her I was jokeing,i really would like to sell this hat.Those of us that know the quality of vintage 7x CB with the box know they are worth good money.Heck do I think $500 is a lot of money..yes.But I've seen vintage Whippets,and some modern hats sell for a lot more.Is their felt as nice as a vintage 7x CB,not the ones I've held.Anyway this hat is still for sale.Don't be afraid to make a offer.My wife might make me accept it.If it's a fair offer.Thanks

Last edited:

DOGMAN

One Too Many
Dude,I was offended You thought I would want to make a deal with you. After we made a deal you backed out on it.I had went out got a heavy duty shipping box packed the hat.Hat was ready to ship.I wish I could accept your apology.But I lost respect for you.

Gunloader55

One of the Regulars
I’m very sorry you feel that way,and I do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience I caused you. I don’t remember what was going on then,because I would have tried working something out. I agree with you completely a mans word is his bond.

Justdog

Practically Family
Dude,I was offended You thought I would want to make a deal with you. After we made a deal you backed out on it.I had went out got a heavy duty shipping box packed the hat.Hat was ready to ship.I wish I could accept your apology.But I lost respect for you.
Good for you I had the same thing happen to me. I have one of these without the box. Between this and my 100 they are both masterpieces. Very hard to let go. I did sell a 7x on here I believe or eBay but the one I kept fit a perfect 7 1/4 long oval. That quality did not shrink over the years. Very tough to let a great hat and very rare box go. Would not tear it apart either. Your right lesser hats have sold for more.

DOGMAN

One Too Many
Never had my hands on a 100,someday I hope.Even though the 7x CB is not my size it is hard to let go of.Might not ever find another in this shape with the box.I'm not just a collector(my wife would disagree) I want to be able to wear my hats.But I know this hat is worth good money and just can't let it go cheap.One day this hat will find a head to sit on.Maybe not here,but somewhere.

Justdog

Practically Family
Never had my hands on a 100,someday .
Get a lot of compliments on the 7x. Am wearing the Nutria I just got to get some oil in the sweat. Don't want to highjack your sale listing. If there is a better place to discuss send me your thread. Thks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana