Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

7 1/4 vintage Goldsiegel velour fedora

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I really hate to sell this hat. It was a Holy Grail hat of mine, but it just doesn't fit well enough for me to justify keeping it. It's just a tad too small for me, especially as I'm letting my hair grow out lately. I can force it down on my head, but that just distorts the shape of the hat, so I'm letting it go, reluctantly.

I'm going to quote the original post by MayserWegener. He sold me this hat after he found another of the same model in his size. It's quite an amazing hat, and one of the best finishes I've ever felt. You won't find hats like this anymore. It is just as I received it, no flaws that I can see.

The crown is 4.25'' high at the front, 3.75'' high at the back. The brim is 2.25'' wide. The cording is 0.5'' wide. It's got a fantastic velour finish, something I've never felt before. Very soft and very smooth. I am letting it go for $85 (that price includes shipping by UPS ground in a secure hatbox, probably a HatsDirect hatbox.). PM if interested, though I am not accepting trades.

This is a interesting one. I am thinking early 60s. The green velour felt is very lush and pliable. It has a high crown, wide brim, no taper with Trachten elements.

3726096561_65015703d7_b.jpg

3726903160_f21da35e80_b.jpg

3726097245_7337f575a1_b.jpg

3726903462_0d2d7500ab_b.jpg

3726903380_936fdd9f9c_b.jpg

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
That is a very nice hat, you can tell it is in great shape. Please someone buy this and keep it in the family!

Neophyte

Here's another pic. It could fit on my head when I had a very short haircut, but I don't quite like my hair that short.

untitled.jpg

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Since it's a European hat, do you mean American 7 1/4 (58cm) or British 7 1/4 (59cm)? If the latter I could be interested, if the former I'd have exactly the same problem as you regarding the fit.

Neophyte

The former (size 58), I'm afraid. It fits when my hair is really short, but that's about it. Since I usually keep my hair long, I'm reluctantly letting it go.

EggHead

Practically Family
I am trying to picture what colors this green will match to.
I wonder if this hat is meant to be for fun outdoors stuff or can it be worn in a business district with "serious" clothes.

Neophyte

I don't know how to place it, really, except that it looked great with my tan seasonal sportcoat and my nicer casual shirts.

Last edited:

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
In Golden Era Austria and Bavaria hats like this would probably have been worn with "business clothing" such as a suit. Therefore I'd say it can still be worn with a suit if you have the confidence to carry it off. At the same time it could be used as a casual hat if you wanted.

Neophyte

Bump and price drop.

I am willing to let this hat go for $75 in total, PayPal only. If no interest is shown, then at the end of this week I will be listing it on Ebay.

Neophyte

Nevermind, I'm gonna go ahead and create the listing on Ebay. This particular thread drops so fast, usually ending up on page 3 within a day. I'll post the link here once I've created it. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo