Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

7 3/8 Borsalino for Trade for 7 1/2

scooter

Practically Family
Ok, guys, here's the story. I came upon this beautiful Borsalino and I love the hat. It is in very good shape, but I wear a 7 1/2 and this one is a 7 3/8. I don't know how accurately the pics portray the color, but it is a rich cocoa brown and really very pretty. The sweatband is in very good shape, with some minor crinkling on one side where I turned it down looking for info underneath. There are some VERY FAINT lighter discolorations at the front where the brim and crown meet, and again in the rear of the brim underside right at the sweat. I am assuming faint sweat stains, but I'm not sure. I have tried to capture them on camera, but if anything, I think the pics make them look worse than they are in real light. The windcord is intact and functional, and the lining is nice and clean with just a light patina if anything.

Rather than stretch this wonderful hat to fit me, I want to arrange a trade for a similar Borso in 7 1/2, or a Stratoliner in 7 1/2. If anyone is interested, please contact me. I do not want to sell this hat at this point, so let's see if we can work out a trade.

scooter

IMG_0684.JPG

IMG_0687.JPG

IMG_0689.JPG

IMG_0690.JPG

IMG_0691.JPG

IMG_0692.JPG

IMG_0693.JPG

IMG_0694.JPG

Last edited:

scooter

Practically Family
They are there, my friend, I originally hit the submit button, then realized my error and corrected it. Sorry!

scooter

Practically Family
Hey guys, I know someone out there bought a 7 1/2 when they really needed a 7 3/8. Where are you?

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I wish I had something to help you with, I have wanted a Borso, but I am in the same boat as you as far as sizing. Only a few 7 3/8 long ovals have worked for me, and lucky at that. Now I am just sticking with a 7 1/2 and calling it good! They need to develop a new size.....something in between a 3/8 and 1/2 and then I would be just fine.

scooter

Practically Family
Yeah brother, I hear ya. Some 7 3/8 work for me, particularly if they're long oval, but many are just not a good fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot