Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

7 7/8 HUGE Resistol 3x Kitten Finish

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
This one is for the big guys - the ones who laugh at the 7 1/2s that say it's hard to find vintage hats in large sizes.

Here's the biggest hat I've ever had in my hands, tagged a 7 7/8. I'm one of those 7 1/2, sometimes 7 5/8 guys. I've even got a 7 3/4 that, when cocked at the right angle, will look like it fits me. This one is nothing of the sort. On me, this hat is earmuffs.

The felt is very lush and pliable and it's got a great Cav edge. It's a deeper brown than the photos suggest. I see no stains, damage from moths, or any other issues with the felt. Supple does not begin to describe the sweat, which can easily be flipped in and out of the hat without any threat of damage.

Crown height: right about 6"
Brim width: 2 1/4"
Ribbon: 2"

$150 + actual shipping.

DSC_0140.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

DSC_0142-1.jpg

DSC_0143-1.jpg

DSC_0145-2.jpg

DSC_0147-1.jpg

DSC_0149.jpg

DSC_0152.jpg

stetsonmascotn.jpg

Last edited:

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Someone with a big head is going to get a great hat. I have a hat with the same XXX "Beaver" Kitten Finish felt and it's absolutely lovely.

carldelo

One Too Many
Do you, by chance, have an actual internal circumference measurement on the hat? Or, failing that, in your opinion do you think it is a true 7-7/8 or has it shrunk some with time? Thanks...

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I don't have an internal measurement but, as I wrote above, I've got a 7 3/4 and this one fits bigger.

It IS hard to believe...

Okay! Great to find this one. I've "lurked" around the lounge for a couple of years, and I don't recall seeing this size in a vintage. I'd love to take you up on your $125 offer.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Put together 15 posts and you'll be able to send and receive private messages. Unless someone beats you to it, the hat will be waiting.

carldelo

One Too Many
Whoops, never mind my comment - apparently I am suffering from late-night brain freeze....

Great hat, enjoy it when you get it.....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner