Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

72-year marriage - the things they must have seen!

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
This story hazily reminds me of an article I read a few years ago about a husband and wife who married way back in 1925! (and at the date of the article, sometime in the mid 2000s, were still married!). I wish I could remember who they were...

EDIT: This was them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percy_and_Florence_Arrowsmith

Percy and Florence Arrowsmith, born 1900 & 1904, died 2005 & 2007, respectively. They were once thought to hold the world record for longest marriage (80 years).

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
My wife had an aunt and uncle who were UNHAPPILY married for 70 years. They were 19 and 20 when they tied the knot. She was an intelligent sensitive woman, he was a likable cluck. He drove her crazy. Not a bad guy at all, just not on her level.
These folks, on the other hand, are just adorable.

Drappa

One Too Many
dhermann1 said:
My wife had an aunt and uncle who were UNHAPPILY married for 70 years. They were 19 and 20 when they tied the knot. She was an intelligent sensitive woman, he was a likable cluck. He drove her crazy. Not a bad guy at all, just not on her level.
These folks, on the other hand, are just adorable.
That is so sad!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo