Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

90-year-old woman finds teen sweetheart’s diary in World War II museum

Story

I'll Lock Up
A 90-year-old woman made an astonishing discovery at the National World War II museum recently: searching for a display that she thought might mention her high school sweetheart she instead found his diary, containing a note asking whoever found the book to give it to her.

“I figured I’d see pictures of him and the fellows he’d served with and articles about where he served,” Laura Mae Davis Burlingame told The Associated Press.

Instead, she ran face-to-face with Cpl. Thomas “Cotton” Jones’s handwriting, and the original telegraph informing his parents that he was killed by enemy fire.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/...een-sweethearts-diary-in-world-war-ii-museum/

p51

One Too Many
What ticks me off is that it clearly had written in it that if it was ever found, it should be sent to her. But the museum told her to pound sand when she pointed that out to them. That really ticked me and my wife off when we saw this news story on TV the other day!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters