Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$900 Stetson on eBay!!!

PutALidOnIt

One of the Regulars
I don't know if anyone else just had to stop and look at this one, but if I were a real deep-pocketed collector, this would be veerrrryyy interesting, especially with the box and documentation. Probably wouldn't matter that it's not my size!:rolleyes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/VERY-RARE-Vinta...367660622QQcategoryZ14065QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hmmm - 21 pictures - of the box, the band, the documentation, the extra tails, a picture of the (presumed) owner, and only one picture of the hat itself!!

Still looks like a gem!!

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
The hat is very rare . I've contacted the seller about it . He is very firm on the price .
They only made ten of these in the late 1930's . This is the second one that I've seen in the last ten years . If the size were bigger , it would sell .:cool2:

PutALidOnIt

One of the Regulars
Oooppssss!

Sorry for the thread duplication, guys. [huh] - I was surprised that I didn't see a thread on this hat - but I was looking in "Hats" instead of "Classifieds"...

I would think anything larger than a 7 would draw more interest, but the box and the documentation are the real attraction, possibly more so than the lid itself. Would you wear it? Maybe. The entire package is the silver bullet here. IMHO it's more a collection/museum piece than a wearable hat. More's the pity...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner