Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A-10 gloves

DOGSBODY

New in Town
A10 gloves

Hi, I have a pair of Mr Eastmans A10 gloves , this is their second winter and they are now nice and worn in , they were a little stiff that first winter but you just have to wear them , hope this helps

FLATHEAD

New in Town
I have some gloves from Lands End that are brown leather, with a cashmere lining.

I actually have several pair, as my hand is a true size medium, and Lands End was
the only place that had mediums that actually fit.

I have one pair I have been wearing now for over three years, and they are still going strong!
The lining is warm enough for very cold days, and the leather is very soft right out of the box.

I just bought a new pair recently for when my three year old pair finally wears out.

The only difference between these new ones and my older ones are the older ones
have three stitch lines on the back of the gloves like the A-10 has. That was why I bought
them in the first place. These new gloves are the same except for the stitch lines.

And the cashmere lining is really soft, so the gloves are very comfortable.

Check them out. They come in brown and black.

Here is the link for the gloves:
http://www.landsend.com/pp/Gloves~215496_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::BRO&CM_MERCH=search-_-gloves&origin=search

I also have the Garcia A-10 gloves. I bought them about 4 years ago. They are nice
but they are stiff at first, and the fingers are very tight as mentioned before.

I wore them for a season, but they never really broke in to my hand, and are still tight
around a few of my fingers. That's why I bought the first pair of Lands End gloves. And
I am really glad I did!

Jim

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The Eastman A-10's have proved 'excellent' for my requirements. I use them for open top driving and also I have been known to use them for the gardening!! Also look very smart with a trench coat and suit. Luckily I got them in a 'sale,' as I understand they can be pricey. But I've had them for several years now and are soft, yet tough 'goatskin.'
GLOVESEASTMAN004.jpg

GLOVESEASTMAN003.jpg

GLOVESEASTMAN001.jpg

GLOVESEASTMAN007.jpg

Radu

Familiar Face
The Eastman A-10's have proved 'excellent' for my requirements. I use them for open top driving and also I have been known to use them for the gardening!! Also look very smart with a trench coat and suit. Luckily I got them in a 'sale,' as I understand they can be pricey. But I've had them for several years now and are soft, yet tough 'goatskin.'

Superb look for a hard worn gloves.

Lear

One of the Regulars
I have no interest in authenticity or vintage gear; just love FQHH jackets. However, finding heavier weight, high quality gloves is a little tricky. After much research, the Eastman Type A-10 seems to fit the bill for my cordovan Aero. So, what about black? None of the A-10 or variants come in anything other then brown. I'm simply not impressed by the quality of high street offerings. Looking for something as substantial (or heavier) as the A-10. Is there anything out there that'll do justice to my black Aero?

Before joining FL, I would've been happy with mall bought stuff. I blame you all :p

Lear

Lear

One of the Regulars
Black shoe dye for 7 bucks on those A-10's

I don't know if you're being serious here. If you are, I apologize. Wouldn't the shoe dye simply rub off onto other clothing etc.?

Edward

Bartender
Buzz did the William Gibson Collection. Inspired by the cyberpunk author, this was a range of vintage military bits, but in black. May well have been gloves among them. I'd suggest looking into military surplus places. Www.silvermans.co.uk have nice gloves in black leather which they claim to be Luftwaffe repro. From what era I know not, but they look great as civilian gloves with a vintage vibe. I would also run a search for "Northern Ireland gloves". Standard issue British squaddie gloves back in the Eighties, commonly worn on patrol in Belfast and around the Six Counties, hence the unofficial name. Couple of different patterns, the variable being whether there were pads over only the knuckles or the fingers too. Also seen some versions without any padding. All had a black knit cuff. The unpadded ones (sometimes sold as "work gloves") are peobably the closest you'll ever see to a black A-10 without spending silly money. Padded fingers (early pattern) are hard to find, usually about thirty quid. Others are widely reproduced, and in my experience a decent pair can be had for as little as twelve pounds.

normanf

One of the Regulars
Quick question: what's the best lining for a winter gloves on those days when nothing else will keep your hands warm outdoors?

WhiskeyTangoFox

One of the Regulars
As a side note, I find that my Eastman A-10s are a bit small on my hands. I would advise going up one size on these. Otherwise, they are tough gloves. For me, they are good down to about -5C.

Noel

Lear

One of the Regulars
I thought there was a black version in the Buzz Rickson catalog?

Thanks, but couldn't find it. Have just placed the order for a pair of Eastman A-10 standard goatskin. I'm pretty handy with Saphir shoe waxes, creams etc., so maybe dyeing a second pair black will be the way to go.

Edit: Now I see what you mean:

http://www.mrmuddandmrgold.com/en/brands/buzz-ricksons/buzz-ricksons-a-10-gloves-wg.html

They look great, but I can only find smaller sizes around the Internet, nothing whatsoever on the BR Europe website itself. Maybe they've stopped making them.

Buzz did the William Gibson Collection... <snipped>

Wow! How do you people know all this stuff?:eusa_clap

As a side note, I find that my Eastman A-10s are a bit small on my hands. I would advise going up one size on these. Otherwise, they are tough gloves. For me, they are good down to about -5C.

Noel

Thanks for that. Eastman's size guide says I'm a Large, but they only have XS & XL sizes in stock. As I've always taken XL in other gloves, I assumed it would be the same here. Hearing what you and others have said, I'm going to risk the XL after all.

Lear

Last edited:

Lear

One of the Regulars
I'm a middle-aged man living alone with two cats, and I don't get out much. ;)

But look on the bright side: you have two potential glove liners staring you right in the face, with probably enough left over for trimming the cuffs :p

Lear

Lear

One of the Regulars
Bought the gloves. I'm really posting this so others can compare Eastman A-10 brown against Aero cordovan FQHH. I thought they'd be a tad darker in colour. Whatever, they're great gloves.

Pic taken with flash:

a10_glove.jpg

Lear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk