Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A barf worthy rip off of an appropriated pattern

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
the only jacket from FCL I really like, everything about it is perfect

Mich486

One Too Many

Looks like a nice tea-core leather to me. Doesn’t horween has a similar one? Milan or something like that…

Looks like a nice tea-core leather to me. Doesn’t horween has a similar one? Milan or something like that…
Horween Lux is super fast to patina in this way.

Mich486

One Too Many
^yep that one. Think you end up with a similar effect. One day I like it, another day I feel it’s a bit much and I’d rather get a nice brown jacket. Not 100% convinced.

Cheech

A-List Customer
Here's one that I keep waiting to see in the wild. Takes the whole elongated torso thing to another level.

1452191344.jpg

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's one that I keep waiting to see in the wild. Takes the whole elongated torso thing to another level.

View attachment 410677

That is more interesting in a way, it is a coat with typical MC detailing, not a jacket anymore. As an experiment it is interesting. But I think it would be more interesting with buttons instead of that long zip.

the only jacket from FCL I really like, everything about it is perfect
Or for a lot less money and a much cooler story, you could get the real deal in the classifieds:
E8A024A7-F69C-44A7-938B-8261AEEE54CB.jpeg

Last edited:

Cheech

A-List Customer
That is more interesting in a way, it is a coat with typical MC detailing, not a jacket anymore. As an experiment it is interesting. But I think it would be more interesting with buttons instead of that long zip.

I find the second lower set of pockets to be an... ahem... interesting detail, especially on the wearer's right, just below the other handwarmer pocket.

red devil

I find the second lower set of pockets to be an... ahem... interesting detail, especially on the wearer's right, just below the other handwarmer pocket.

Agreed, it is completely off. I was just using it as an inspiration to visualise something that could be fun :)

Edward

Bartender

View attachment 410677

In all truth I'd way prefer that over the Perfecto-style jackets I was seeing around a lot a couple of years ago that were all about 29". This one looks like it's an intentionally longer coat, and the addition of the extra set of pockets helps balance it. Those 29 inchers, ugh.... just looked all out of whack, the jacket equivalent of those attempts to fake a pair of proper, on the natural waist rise trousers where they just add depth to a modern pattern and leave the stubby zip on it...

Aloysius

Horween Lux is super fast to patina in this way.

To be clear, I think this type of ‘patina’ looks disgusting— a month old jacket shouldn’t look more worn out than an 80 year old one, but point is there are options haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21