Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Book about hats?

zootsuit007

New in Town
Hello All,

I am new to this site and thus far I am addicted. There is a huge amount of info about hats on this site and the collections are amazing and make me drool. I am wondering if there is a book out there about mens hats. Makers/History/Styles etc. Cruising around Amazon.com led me to nothing but a Linux program named Fedora. Any advice to the new fish in this big pond would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Zootsuit007

GWD

One Too Many
No books that I know of, which is a shame. But just about everything there is know about hats is here in the lounge. I would go here first.

Then just follow your curiosity. The Search Engine here is iffy at best. So learn how to use the Google Search Function laid out here.

Good Luck! And Welcome!

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
GWD, you're a real gentleman. So many times I've just read, "Use the search" or "Use Google" without the detailed info that your second link provides. You have given an answer to the new fella' - and to me - that is of actual use. :eusa_clap

Book'em Danno!

Amazon has one from a publishing house that caters to collecting:

"Stetson Hats and the John B. Stetson Company" by Snyder

I have not seen it so don't know much about it.

Another is:

"Men's Hats" (Il Cappello Da Uomo) by Adele Campione which has some dates and styles but not real in depth info. Helpful but only to a point.

John in Covina said:
"Men's Hats" (Il Cappello Da Uomo) by Adele Campione which has some dates and styles but not real in depth info. Helpful but only to a point.

For drooling at the vintage Borsalinos and other Italian brands this book is absolutely the one! It's great. And cheap.

There was a booklet put out by Mallory, too. Called Hat Making and {ghost}written by C. A. Mallory. It was from the late 1920s or early 1930s, and covered the process of making the hats from start to finish.

Also, Apparel Arts did at least 2 in-depth articles on hat making nd the hat industry.

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24