Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Christmas Miracle - 52 degrees and sunny, so a rare late December ride

pawineguy

One Too Many
Breaking in the steer cafe racer a bit more on an unexpectedly perfect day to take a ride through the country.

IMG_4767.JPG

nick123

I'll Lock Up
That's how it's been the past few days in California. I just returned from SoCal, where it was gorgeous. Same thing up here, and looks like it'll stick around for at least another week! Cold, but clear and a nice change from the maniacal rain we've been having here. Perfect jacket weather, perfect weather. :)

pawineguy

One Too Many
That's how it's been the past few days in California. I just returned from SoCal, where it was gorgeous. Same thing up here, and looks like it'll stick around for at least another week! Cold, but clear and a nice change from the maniacal rain we've been having here. Perfect jacket weather, perfect weather. :)

It's absolutely perfect but we are about to get more normal winter weather. My goal this year is to push the limits of the temperature that I ride in... bought some new gauntlet gloves and awaiting a balaclava. I hate putting the bike away for the winter.

IXL

One Too Many
I hope you get a good ride. We are at 30°F and snowing today. If you encounter a fogging problem after getting the balaclava, consider getting a Pinlock face shield for your helmet: they are magic.

pawineguy

One Too Many
I hope you get a good ride. We are at 30°F and snowing today. If you encounter a fogging problem after getting the balaclava, consider getting a Pinlock face shield for your helmet: they are magic.

It was a great ride today, only a few annoying bicyclists to deal with... yes, I have Shoei helmets with Pinlock and cannot imagine riding without it, have never fogged once since using them. Magic is the right word. I was watching my buddy's helmet start fogging a bit today while he was talking to me...

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
It hit 48 Fahrenheit on Christmas, so I rode a couple of hours. Good thing, the snow moved in that night! I hope it is clear enough for our annual New Years day ride. Damn the cold, full speed ahead!

Meerkat

Familiar Face
It was a great ride today, only a few annoying bicyclists to deal with... yes, I have Shoei helmets with Pinlock and cannot imagine riding without it, have never fogged once since using them. Magic is the right word. I was watching my buddy's helmet start fogging a bit today while he was talking to me...
I had a pinlock that came 'unglued' slipped sideways and distracted me to the point of crashing...I use a shark helmet ...no add ons just a great venting system ...beats my arai into a cocked hat....lovely and mild here too but the roads are er challenging....

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
Breaking in the steer cafe racer a bit more on an unexpectedly perfect day to take a ride through the country.

View attachment 21925

Great looking jacket! Which one is your bike from the two in the picture?

I have a Shoei Neotec, which I usually wear for longer, multi-day trips. I was going to use the pinlock on it, but read that they reduce visibility by 80% in the dark so refrained from using them. Usually I'm finding if I keep the screen cracked open a fraction then I don't encounter much fogging, especially once I'm on the move.

Best of luck with your winter riding - please feel free to share more pics ;)

pawineguy

One Too Many
Great looking jacket! Which one is your bike from the two in the picture?

I have a Shoei Neotec, which I usually wear for longer, multi-day trips. I was going to use the pinlock on it, but read that they reduce visibility by 80% in the dark so refrained from using them. Usually I'm finding if I keep the screen cracked open a fraction then I don't encounter much fogging, especially once I'm on the move.

Best of luck with your winter riding - please feel free to share more pics ;)

Mine is the CTX in the front, I prefer a lighter bike, and that's my buddy's Road King in the back. The Pinlock is definitely not for night riding. I keep a few different shields in my saddle bags since they are light and can be swapped in about 20 seconds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass