Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Cocktail that has really grown on me: The Bloody Mary

TM

A-List Customer
I picked up a bottle of the Zing Zang Bloody Mary mix and found it a bit disappointing. Yes, it really is spicy, which is good. But it's way too salty - a "serving" contains 25% of the daily requirements of salt! Interesting that they use anchovy for the salt content. I'm going to try to cut it with tomato juice.

Tony

I picked up a bottle of the Zing Zang Bloody Mary mix and found it a bit disappointing. Yes, it really is spicy, which is good. But it's way too salty - a "serving" contains 25% of the daily requirements of salt! Interesting that they use anchovy for the salt content. I'm going to try to cut it with tomato juice.

Tony

Try this:
camaronazo-tomato-shrimp-cocktail-154319.jpg

It puts that Dingy Zingy stuff to shame. :p

TM

A-List Customer
Thanks James! I'll try the Camaronazo.

I tried a 1/2 and 1/2 mix of tomato juice and Zing Zang and it made a nice spicy tomato juice, but not a Bloody Mary!

Tony

TM

A-List Customer
And add some bitters for complexity and some cayenne pepper for a rather nice heat. Not too much of either though. A little paprika adds something too.

Tony

Although Clamato does make a better Michilata. Imho

Michilata? I thought you made that with this recipe:
INGREDIENTS
  • Salt, for rimming the glasses
  • 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 2 medium limes), rinds reserved
  • Ice
  • 1 1/2 cups light Mexican beer, such as Corona
  • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 teaspoons hot sauce, such as Tabasco
  • 1 teaspoon Maggi or soy sauce
  • Freshly ground black pepper, for garnish

Cirino’s Bloody Mary mix
Created by a local enough restaurant in the little town of Grass Valley. Great food and the best Bloody Marys I’ve ever had. Discovered the Bloody Mary mix first and decided to try the restaurant later. we are pretty darn happy we did.
:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points