Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Collection of Vintage Documents, Ration Stamps and a Photo.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
My brother just showed these to me. They all came from our great aunt Bessie Chaplin (no relation to Charlie) and her husband, Roy. They lived in Hollandale Minnesota. Please excuse the color; I was so excited about copying them that I forgot to set the white balance. :eusa_doh:

Enjoy.

V-fuel oil coupons:
DSC_1267.jpg

Sugar coupons - five pounds each:
DSC_1268.jpg

Mileage rations for a 1930 Plymouth:
DSC_1269.jpg

President and Mrs. Theodore Roosevelt - note the date:
DSC_1270.jpg

The envelope behind the portrait - note the post mark:
DSC_1271.jpg

War ration book:
DSC_1272.jpg

Lee

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
More Documents.

Instructions from OAP - 1943:
DSC_1273.jpg

Mileage rations:
DSC_1274.jpg

Not sure - gasoline ration stamps, maybe?:
DSC_1275.jpg

Not sure - Transportaion stamps?:
DSC_1276.jpg

Farm vehicle registration (?) for a 1926 Ford truck:
DSC_1277.jpg

Transportation record:
DSC_1278.jpg

Thank you for viewing.

Lee

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Very nice accumulation!

The "E" stamps are indeed gasoline coupons -- that class was issued for farm equipment, and could only be used for vehicles that would not be operated on public roads. An "E" card entitled the user to two gallons a week (an "R" card allocation of five gallons was available for farmers who could demonstrate special need for additional fuel). "T" class stamps were issued for trucks involved in the transportation of vital materials, so a farmer taking crops to market would be entitled to a "T" card. Each truck had to be specially registered, as with the certificate shown, and careful records kept of all mileage -- any discrepancies would mean the loss of the ration card and possibly a fine.

zaika

One Too Many
lee! those are amazing!! my grandma gave me her ration book. she hardly ever needed it as she was in nursing school and got fed there. so the book is full of stamps. save two. lol

thanks for posting the pictures!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner