Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A contest of contests

ideaguy

One Too Many
How about the oddest item each member has in their household that most represents their quirky nature? Can be a set of things, but they all have to go to a single purpose, and can be bought, stolen, borrowed, handmade, preferrably with some age.

Thats idea # 1.

How about the oddest collection of things that we collectors collect? Here again, it should be aimed toward a single theme or purpose, like a collection of shrunken heads from failed psychiatrists...can be most anything, and any number, as long as it's photographable.

Thats idea # 2.

How about the best photograph each member has of themselves, alone, before the age of, say 10 yrs. old. Failed studio portrait ( crossed eyes, you know-tongue sticking out, etc), family photo, school photo- but has to be of the individual alone-and the one that the members' think is most representational of them today. Anything goes on this one...no bare bottoms, though...

and That's idea # 3

hope it floats someone's boat- fun reading the other ideas; we've got some
odd people in the Lounge...

mingoslim

Practically Family
Man . . . They don't call you idea guy for nothin' . . .

Some great . . . GREAT ideas . . .

ideaguy said:
How about the oddest item each member has in their household that most represents their quirky nature? Can be a set of things, but they all have to go to a single purpose, and can be bought, stolen, borrowed, handmade, preferrably with some age.

Thats idea # 1.

How about the oddest collection of things that we collectors collect? Here again, it should be aimed toward a single theme or purpose, like a collection of shrunken heads from failed psychiatrists...can be most anything, and any number, as long as it's photographable.

Thats idea # 2.

How about the best photograph each member has of themselves, alone, before the age of, say 10 yrs. old. Failed studio portrait ( crossed eyes, you know-tongue sticking out, etc), family photo, school photo- but has to be of the individual alone-and the one that the members' think is most representational of them today. Anything goes on this one...no bare bottoms, though...

and That's idea # 3

hope it floats someone's boat- fun reading the other ideas; we've got some
odd people in the Lounge...

J.B.

Practically Family
hm. How about a contest for a pic/scan of the most obscure (recent -or- vintage) coffee label?

For example...

printersinkcoffeebk3.jpg

...the oh-so-esoteric Printers Ink blend as enjoyed? by the graveyard shift pressman at The Kansas City Star. :)

Absolutely no pics of Kopi Lewak allowed, TUVM! *yucky*

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
I'm a touch early with this suggestion, but why not an Easter Bonnet Classic?
Pictures of ladies and gents in their spring best....?

Snookie

Practically Family
I haven't read this thread in a while, so I hope I'm not repeating some other ideas!

1. Travel pictures. You with a vintage plane, train, or automobile. Or steamer ship. Or standing with your vintage luggage. This might be a better spring/summer contest, when we can hit up vintage car shows for our scenes. lol

2. Best recreation of vintage scene. Judging critera would include complexity of scene and attention to removing modern things from the scene. For example, a good street scene would rate higher than something in your living room, but a battle scene would trump all. Points would be taken away for modern things remaining.

I guess I like photo contests!

Ada Veen

Practically Family
A photo of you in vintage finery in the most obscure, unvintage place... the person who thinks of the funniest/strangest setting wins. I, like Snookie, like the photo ones. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo