Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A contest of contests

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fellas and Dames...my husband has thrown down the gauntlet! He said I need to give away more stuff to Loungers and clean our house!

So, I will be offering a prize the 1951 edition of the paperback book "Day of the Triffids" with this idea:

What type of contest would you like to see? I am NOT interested in "me too" contests where people simply enter their names to a thread. If you haven't seen my contests before, I am happy to give away items from my collection for photos in front of historical locations, tall tales, recipes and more.

Enter your contest idea below and I will pick a winner by drawing.

Contest will end after the first 50 entries.

Vintage Betty

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Well, since the lounge is full of so many photos, I think a contest involving a specific kind of photo would be good. Not the best dressed or the most authentic, but the one that really represents yourself. Who you are. As what is said, a photo is worth a thousand words, and when we find old photos of people we don't know, we wonder who they were. If you could take a photo representing who you are in a way where anyone who may find the photo will be able to look at it, and get a good idea of who you were, that would be an accomplishment.

Vintage Betty

What a great beginning!

I'm very excited about the entries so far.

MrNewportCustom - can you please copy your post from the other thread and enter it here? I currently have three contests running, and it keeps the housekeeping down for me.

Thank you -

Vintage Betty

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
My pleasure, Miss VB.

"If you ever have a 'Tell Your Best or Worst Cooking Stories' contest, I have a couple winners from when my father worked in the bakery of the downtown Los Angeles Newberry's back in the '50s. One involves lemon merinque pies without sugar and the other is a tragicomic tale of a multi-tiered wedding cake."

Lee

Vintage Betty

Here is a picture of the prize

It actually is a 1970 reprint of the copy mentioned above. In good condition.

triffids.JPG

dostacos

Practically Family
well I may not win THIS contest, but if you have one of a picture of the wildest cooking picture I might just be able to pull that off

contest: wildest pictures involving cooking [like Mr Newportcustom, BUT I have pictureslol ]

carter

I'll Lock Up
OK, I still think a new Whopper Contest would be swell
BUT...
It must take place in either one or both of the following venues,

1. The Fedora Lounge from the "If the Fedora Lounge was a real place..." thread

2. An ocean liner from the "What would you take on an ocean voyage" thread.

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
How 'bout a contest for worst published recipe? That should get some whoppers. And I'm planning on entering the pictured recipe contest, but I just found out about it tonight so I have to go digging in my cookbooks tomorrow!

Vintage Betty

Hmmm...well this has only garnered a few responses so far.

Maybe I shouldn't bother to post things? It seems that almost no one is interested in the items. I am particularly surprised only one person responded to the recipe contest for a 1937 Cookbook, value $36. I can just donate them to charity and not bother anyone on the Lounge.

Thoughts?

VB

Starius

Practically Family
For a triffids contest, how about a prize for the best home made triffid?
We could submit photos of ourselves getting attacked by our home made triffids.

Josephine

One Too Many
Vintage Betty said:
It seems that almost no one is interested in the items. I am particularly surprised only one person responded to the recipe contest for a 1937 Cookbook, value $36.

Time and not having been grocery shopping in two weeks conspired against me with the recipe contest, I would have liked to entered that. I'm afraid I don't have any ideas for contests though. :(

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
First off, V.B., thanks for your consideration, time and items.

How about best vintage photo of a Lounge member. It has to be a member in golden age type clothing, and appropriate background.
I'd like to see those.

Sincerely,
the Wolf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo