Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A contest of contests

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
I know you're already doing the holiday pic contest, but how about one with the best duplicated picture? Of course, Lolita would probably have this one in the bag already with her and her grandmother's photo!
But just members duplicating old family photos, Elvgren prints, movie stills, and the like.
Nikki

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Vintage Betty said:
Hmmm...well this has only garnered a few responses so far.

Maybe I shouldn't bother to post things? It seems that almost no one is interested in the items. I am particularly surprised only one person responded to the recipe contest for a 1937 Cookbook, value $36. I can just donate them to charity and not bother anyone on the Lounge.

Thoughts?

VB

Your hats are always too small for me. :eek:

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Vintage Betty said:
These are all great! Keep 'em coming! I know we aren't up to 50 entries yet and I have LOTS more stuff to give away!

Vintage Betty

What about movie quotes? You could choose lines from certain movies & see who can guess the movie?

Or a word scramble of the name of a star, movie, or song?

What about "guess the designer" and post a picture of someone wearing a designer gown?

You could make a puzzle of a picture & we'd have to guess who was in the picture. You know, like on I'm Not Obsessed where they show the eyes, lips, and nose of someone famous?

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Some great contest ideas so far.

I had an idea that your "Traveling Hat" contest inspired.
I collect vintage evening purses and thought a traveling evening purse variation of that contest would be fun.No one has to be a particular size for an evening bag to fit.(I can supply the purse,too)

The premise would be to plan an evening out that is inspired by the Golden Era.Cocktail attire requested.It could be cocktails out with the girls,a romantic dinner,or an event.Your creativity is all that it will take and it doesn't matter if the rest of society isn't in on it.lol
We would also want to know what makes it "vintage inspired" to you.Is the building historical?or is it the band playing old jazz favorites?

Let me know what you think.I think I'm suffering from a bit of cabin fever and looking for an excuse for a night out myself.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
rubyredlocks said:
Some great contest ideas so far.

I had an idea that your "Traveling Hat" contest inspired.
I collect vintage evening purses and thought a traveling evening purse variation of that contest would be fun.No one has to be a particular size for an evening bag to fit.(I can supply the purse,too)

The premise would be to plan an evening out that is inspired by the Golden Era.Cocktail attire requested.It could be cocktails out with the girls,a romantic dinner,or an event.Your creativity is all that it will take and it doesn't matter if the rest of society isn't in on it.lol
We would also want to know what makes it "vintage inspired" to you.Is the building historical?or is it the band playing old jazz favorites?

Let me know what you think.I think I'm suffering from a bit of cabin fever and looking for an excuse for a night out myself.

This sounds great! We should chat by PM.

Vintage Betty

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
1. Most mysterious Fedora Lounger photo contest

2. Strangest story contest (could be mystery or noir
) --set in the 1920's-1950's

3. Best time travel story contest

4. Strangest ended Ebay auctions contest

I would prefer 2, 3 would be next.

:D To-bad I didn't know you were giving away a 30's cook book. I could have got my sister cooking all kinds of 30's dishes!:D

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MrNewportCustom said:
I resolve. What's the prize for responding? lol

Lee

Check out my first post in this thread. In order to participate in this contest, you must suggest OTHER contest ideas so I can give more items away!

VB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo