Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A few of my Lincoln movie hats

Tim Allen

New in Town
A funny story for the hat I made for Robert Todd Lincoln. The assistant director called me and said they needed a hat for a scene that was being shot in 2 days. I said I couldn't have one ready and shipped in that time frame. They said no problem, they would send a car from the set to pick it up. I asked them what style and they gave me some ideas. I came up with this small bell crown and had it ready. The costume dept. guy showed up at 9pm 2 days later!

Attachments

• robert lincoln.jpg
    robert lincoln.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 196
  • usgrant.jpg
    usgrant.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 271
  • general lee.jpg
    general lee.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 475

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
A funny story for the hat I made for Robert Todd Lincoln. The assistant director called me and said they needed a hat for a scene that was being shot in 2 days. I said I couldn't have one ready and shipped in that time frame. They said no problem, they would send a car from the set to pick it up. I asked them what style and they gave me some ideas. I came up with this small bell crown and had it ready. The costume dept. guy showed up at 9pm 2 days later!
Wow! Now I gotta watch the movie

Did you make just the one hat for them? I have a friend who is a "breakdown artist" in the clothing department for movie productions. She was telling me for most major wardrobe items she has to have 6 sets on hand. Her job is to age (or breakdown) the garments to make them scene appropriate and needs the 6 sets on hand to cover the demands of the shoot.

Tim Allen

New in Town
Did you make just the one hat for them? I have a friend who is a "breakdown artist" in the clothing department for movie productions. She was telling me for most major wardrobe items she has to have 6 sets on hand. Her job is to age (or breakdown) the garments to make them scene appropriate and needs the 6 sets on hand to cover the demands of the shoot.
I just made one hat each...I guess since the story was only during a few months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo