Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Flashy Silk Sportcoat - Opinions Please...

Warbaby

One Too Many
I found this flashy silk jacket in the thrift shop last week. It's not really my cup o' tea, but it fit perfectly and feels so good on that I had to buy it ($2.99 was also a deciding factor). Is it really too goofy to wear anywhere other than onstage or does it exude some sort of coolness that eludes me? And what the heck would one wear with it?

(BTW - I'm never sure whether jacket questions should be posted here or elsewhere. If this ain't the place, p'raps one of the bartenders could move it)

SilkJacket1cr.jpg

The pattern up close looks a lot like friggin' chain mail...

SilkJacket2cr.jpg

SilkJacket3cr.jpg

Rittmeister

Familiar Face
It looks very Euro to me, almost like it was made from tie fabric. I would wear it with a solid navy shirt and white pants or the reverse, or white pants and shirt with a solid navy tie.

BombshellBella

Familiar Face
I think this jacket could look good if you have the confidence to pull it off, that means, when you are wearing it, wear it like its the best thing in the world!!

Since the colors in it are white and blue, it would look good with navy pants, white shirt, jacket... you could do brown shoes. Wear it in summer definately.

mt_spiffy

Vendor
Is that a stain or a trick of the camera?

It depends what you wear it with. I would pair it with jeans, a button down shirt (open collar), and some fairly trendy dress shoes, and likely get a lot of compliments. The more formal you try to make it, the more dated it will look.

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Reminds me of "old" Palm Beach, Fl. Nothing wrong with it, nothing right with it.

If you have the onions to to go strutting down Worth Ave, you will get a seat in a restaurant quicker than I will ;) ;)

Kind of like what Richard Dawson would scoop up

RD3.jpg

Warbaby

One Too Many
mt_spiffy said:
Is that a stain or a trick of the camera?

Yes, it's a faint coffee(?) stain. It not very visible in reality, but I had darkened and tweaked the contrast of the photo to better show the pattern. I was going to try to remove the stain with Oxiclean, but the instructions say not to use it on silk, so I'll see if my cleaner can make it go away.

If it's not raining tomorrow (Vancouver Island, y'know) I'll get some photos of it on me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24