Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A lesson for us all

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
It was a hard lesson but one that I hope a learned. While at the beach I left my laptop unattended and my facebook page open. My daughter her friend and yes even my wife thought they would have a little fun.

Jeff Dyer
I like Fedoras. A lot. But not more than Disney pins. And trains. Check out the poem I wrote about them at Jeffloves.com/fedora/pins/trai​ns
19 hours ago · Privacy: · Unlike ·

You, Kayla Brennan, Anita Dyer, Bob Ott and 3 others like this.
Jeff Dyer
Sorry guys, the site is down. Here's the poem:

I love hats in the rain, I love them on a train.
I wear them with my jeans, I wear them like a king.
My earing is my bling.

I shop for hats all night, I shop for hats in flight.
I buy Mickey ears, I wear them every year.
To Disney have no fear.

My wife she thinks I'm hot, she likes my hats a lot.
She hangs them up in twos, away in the laundry room.
I think I'll make her swoon.

I know that I have learned something I hope this never happens to you. :cool:

Jeff

fenris

One of the Regulars
At least it wasn't like what happened with me... my daughter who was 3 or 4 at the time, started writing on my friends' walls. What did she write? Gibberish sentences! I had to explain to people that it wasn't me who posted those. It wasn't exactly gibberish words, but she tried to copy words and phrases that she saw around the page and that made the sentences she wrote sound like gibberish.

Edward

Bartender
One of my cats once updated my Facebook status, though I've heard of worse - a friend's feline managed to buy a DVD on eBay.

T Rick

Practically Family
I hate Facebook! But I've recently come to aggknowledge that I'm going to have to log in and start "playing" anyway (or, maybe delete the account?). I've got messages waiting from Neices, Nephew-In-Laws, 2nd Couzins and a Friend I lost track of about 15 years back when he moved West. These all discovered when I recently cleared a huge backlog of email... I hate Facebook!

MDphoto

One of the Regulars
I had a Facebook account a year or two ago. All my old friends from high school were on there. The more I chatted with them, the more it became clear why I never bothered finding them before. So to make a short story shorter, I deleted my Facebook account.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
At least it wasn't like what happened with me... my daughter who was 3 or 4 at the time, started writing on my friends' walls. What did she write? Gibberish sentences! I had to explain to people that it wasn't me who posted those. It wasn't exactly gibberish words, but she tried to copy words and phrases that she saw around the page and that made the sentences she wrote sound like gibberish.

Dang,

I gotta get into modern times.

When you said your kid was writing on someone's wall, I expected you'd be out buying paint.
My youngest ... and he's in his late 20s now .... went through a phase when he was about 3 ... during which he enjoyed marking Xs on stuff .... sometimes on other people's stuff

Now that is embarrassing!

Facebook wall, not so much

Sam

Brando11

A-List Customer
My cat bumped my hand while I was on eBay- bought me a terrific Akubra. (At least that's what I tell my wife.)

-Brando

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Brando, that is so cool.

I never wanted a cat before!

Do you suppose a Sheltie could bump your hand on Ebay?

Or better yet, on Everything Australian?

Sam

fenris

One of the Regulars
When you said your kid was writing on someone's wall, I expected you'd be out buying paint.

Well, when she was 2 she did draw all over our walls with a crayon. Good thing it wasn't a pen or marker. So we told her never to write or draw on anything that's not paper.

She remembered it so much that when she was at the hospital getting a skin allergy test, she suddenly cried out loud! At first we thought the skin test hurt. Turns out she was mad at the nurse for writing a circle on her arm (to note where the skin test was, so they can see if there's an allergic reaction). She kept screaming, "not paper! not paper!" and pointed to the small circle on her arm.

Wolfwood

A-List Customer
Well, when she was 2 she did draw all over our walls with a crayon. Good thing it wasn't a pen or marker.
Do you have wallpaper, and if so, how did you get the crayon off? I need a tip for a similar incident that happened when our daughter was 2 or so. :)

fenris

One of the Regulars
For those with toddlers who are starting to write on walls... this is a good buy.

MegaSketcher

Although, my youngest who's turning two seems to prefer writing on herself with markers... :eusa_doh:

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Eloise has all sorts of hints about crayon removal, however some of the more modern markers are there to stay. You paint over them.

Kids under 27 should only have steel nib pens to write with, and then don't give them any ink!

My Martin Classical guitar ended up with a little X on it, which upset me about 25 years ago when my youngest put it there.

I still have the guitar, and believe me, I wouldn't take anything for that X today. A little perspective is a great thing.

Sam

fenris

One of the Regulars
My youngest once took my Fed IV, wore it on her head, mashed it up on her head then threw it to the floor... Not contented with what she did, she then stepped on it. Good thing the Fed IV is a trooper! Nothing bad happened to it.

Brando11

A-List Customer
Brando, that is so cool.

I never wanted a cat before!

Do you suppose a Sheltie could bump your hand on Ebay?

Or better yet, on Everything Australian?

Sam

Hey Sam-

Oh, Shelties have FAR better taste than cats. My guess is that your dog's good for tipping in a Vintage Silhouettes creation for you-

All the best-
-Brando

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy