Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A little heart fades away.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
My Dearest Paddy,

I am so sorry for your loss. Nothing quite equals the pain of a fallen pet. I hope that our words may offer you some comfort.

Here's to Becky, running freely and unencumbered across some great sunny celestial field.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
My deepest condolences, Paddy. Losing a pet is like losing a family member. I'd had my cats, John Doe and Jane Doe, for sixteen and fifteen years, respectively. Jane fit in my hand when I found her. They died a year apart. I still think of them often.

It sounds to me that Becky was a beautiful and wonderful dog, and as long as she's in your heart, she always will be.

All best,
Lee

Mike K.

One Too Many
Paddy,
My heart goes out to you. The old clich?© of "a man's best friend" just doesn't quite sum it up. Our furry companions really do become a part of us. Becky was a beautiful dog and I am so sorry for your loss.
God bless.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
I share your feelings Paddy.
I love my own dog as much as you loved Becky, I'd be heartbroken too.
You did give her a good life when she was alive, now she suffers no more...
...in some way Becky will live forever in your heart... Love we've given and received from our pets will always be a part of ourselves.

Classydame

One of the Regulars
Dear Paddy,

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Becky. I know she will be missed greatly.

I would like to share with you a poem that my vet gave me when I lost my Harley girl four years ago. I still miss her but this poem really helped me at the time.

A Dogs Prayer

Remember me always, but do not grieve for me too long. I have tried always to comfort you in times of sorrow, and have made every effort to add joy to your life. I never wanted to cause you pain.

Peace for me is certain now, and I suspect I will have eternal sleep in the earth I have loved so well.

Please, after your period of grieving for me, make room in your heart for another. You are the kind of human being that should always have a friend like me to love. Your kind and gentle heart should not be wasted on my memory for too long. Give your love to another. I know your new friend will never take my place, because we had something very special.

It may not be quite the same, but a new devoted and loving companion will in time, become special in their own way.

You loved me very much and I loved you. My spirit will always be with you, and no matter how deep my sleep, my gratefull tail will always be wagging for you.

God bless you in your time of mouring.

Shellie

Dear Paddy
I,too,am so very sorry for your loss..and do understand. In 1973...I lost my true buddy to a sudden accident. I was single then and had picked my Minature Schnauzer from a new litter. As we know...Schnauzer's are loaded with personality. Over the years...he met me every day when I returned home from work with great enthusiasm and always good cheer. That fateful day..I took him out on the leash after work. A loud car came down the street and he did something completely out of charactor. Suddenly bolting around the corner of my apartment..while quickly jerking the leash from my hand as I was locking the door. I took right after him...and helplessly watched him roll beneath the car. They couldn't save him.
Over the years I had several other Schnauzers. However...Fritz was never replaced. Just couldn't be done....although I loved them all...and each one was special. I don't know which is worse...something very sudden...or knowing it's coming.
Sounds like I'm talking about a person. Well....very very close,my friend. In any even...certainly a special irreplaceable personality. After all these years..I look at the old picture album with my buddy full of fun and vigor. I am so glad that I had him with me then. Afterall,we did share many good times together!
Sincerely
Van

Hondo

One Too Many
Great memories Paddy, very sad, there's nothing like a 4 legged flea bag companion I’ll attest, I never got another dog since I lost mine years ago, in fact I still have his leash, when your down, and words mean little, nothing like out 4 legged friend to cure you of the blues, take care Paddy :(

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Paddy, I know how hard it is. Her spirit will be with you when you go to the many places you took her. It's amazing how much apart of us animals can become and how much of an impact something so compact can deliver to us humans.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
"Thank you."

"Thank you for your kind words, it does help."

HighLodgeScotland004.jpg

ShuttleworthCollection038.jpg

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I am sorry to hear of your loss, Paddy. I know the pain of losing a dear furry companion, lost my little chihuahua boy three years ago. Not a day goes by when I don't recall his dear face and ornery, but loving, personality.

We have our loving memories of those dear hearts.

Have been unable to get another dog, and I know no other dog can replace him in my heart, but, sometime in the future, another dog will be loved and cherished.

karol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR