Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A little heart fades away.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
DogPhotos009.jpg

DogPhotos017.jpg

Bowber002.jpg

71480037BW.jpg

PC270007.jpg

PC270009.jpg

BEACH002.jpg

becky002.jpg

A little heart and a little piece of 'me' faded away un-noticed by most just over an hour ago.
My beautiful dog of 11-years passed away in my arms after a long illness of renal failure that was diagnosed at the end of last year. From the point of diagnosis, every day with her was a bonus, and she more than exceeded expectations by living an extra six months.
But for anyone who has lost someone, whether human or beloved pet, when you get six months, you just want another and another and hope against hope that they will live forever. [huh]

These beautiful little creatures give so much to us unconditionally. Yet, at the end of the day I didn't have it within my means to protect her from death, because if I did, I would have.

As I helped her outside (she was so frail and weak she couldn't walk unaided anymore) there was a full moon over the UK last night. As I looked at the moon, it occured to me that this might be the last time it shines upon her. Sadly, I was right.

I'll not rhyme on here, because no one will thank me for it, but just being able to type this out helps in a small way. For all of you out there who have experienced this, this will make some sense, and needless to say, this is an emotional rollercoaster right now and the hurt runs very deep.

Becky, you were a 'wee girl' with a big heart. I miss you my little one...

Shearer

Practically Family
Paddy, I am so sorry to hear about your Becky. I know words don't help much at a time like this so I'll keep it short. Dogs are loyal, constantly loving creatures and never give you bad memories to look back on, only good... and from your pictures it looks like you have some great memories from her to look back on. I know how much you love dogs and you provided Becky with a great life.
Chin up :)
Your friend, Kelly

Flitcraft

One Too Many
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Its always difficult when you lose a good little friend like that.

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
I'm sorry for your loss. Dogs are truly amazing, loyal companions.

I've lost two dogs in the last two years...the older dog, Blanco, died in my arms after living for five years longer than expected. Ginger was getting old, but was attacked by my two younger dogs.

Prairie Dog

A-List Customer
I’m truly sorry to hear of your loss. I had a fine dog for eleven years and a cat that lived to be over eighteen years old, or as I like to say, old enough to vote.
Please accept my condolences, Paddy. Losing a beloved pet is very difficult and sometimes people don't understand how painful that experience is, especially those who have never had or loved pets. Clearly, that is not the case on this forum, given all the warm expressions of sympathy you have received. I am sending kind thoughts your way.
Paddy just hold onto those wonderful memories and Becky will continue to live on in your heart.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
My heart goes out to, Paddy. I know what you are going through, as my 20-year old cat and lifelong buddy passed away almost two weeks ago. That ache will dull with time, but the hole will always be there. It knots you up everytime you look to their favorite corner and expect to see them there, and instead see only an emptiness.

But their love, their faithfulness, their antics, their memory, all live on in your heart. I'm so sorry, Paddy. Bless you.

Brad

jonniangel

One of the Regulars
My heart breaks a little each time I hear of someone losing a beloved furry friend....but what an amazing tribute you just gave Becky. You were both blessed to have found each other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot