Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A little steam

Rabben

New in Town
This is my first show off post at the Fedora Lounge:p I've been a member of the Fedora Lounge for a while, and asked some questions, but now I will post some pics of a hat i bought today for 3$. It's amazing what a little steaming and brushing can do. I also took the ribbon from a cheap wool hat I don't like and sewed it on this new fur felt. The lining says Failsworth, London. I have no clue about the dating of this hat.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
That's quite amazing considering you're an amateur (I'm assuming you're not secretly a hatter). I really ought to do this with one of my hats which has a droopy section of brim and a ribbon I'm personally not too keen on (grey ribbon with grey felt).

jpbales

Practically Family
amazing

it's amazing how such simple work can do so much for the appearance of the hat. This is how hat people like ourselves who possess that "vision" can see some old $3 hat like that and turn it into a unique piece of our style. :eusa_clap

CRH

Call Me a Cab
jpbales said:
it's amazing how such simple work can do so much for the appearance of the hat. This is how hat people like ourselves who possess that "vision" can see some old $3 hat like that and turn it into a unique piece of our style. :eusa_clap

:arated:

:eusa_clap

Woodfluter

Practically Family
Bravo! Good work.
Not much to fear with $3 invested, eh? But now you'll have the confidence to tackle improvements to other hats since you've carried this off so well.

- Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum