Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A new vintage jacket maker?

• Thread starter Deleted member 16736
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16736

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
That's interesting. He also sells an original. Maybe someone new who buys vintage pieces and recreates them part for part? The jackets look great.

Why would someone who makes high quality repros decide to not to speak up here, though? He even losely refers to this place by calling his hide "known as Vicenca in some circles". By these circles, he clearly means TFL, right? Bit odd..

edit: nvm, he did speak up here, my bad, whoopsie!

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Those are made by Dave Sheeley of Virginia Beach. Dave has been collecting/restoring military jackets, especially the G-1 for several years. He did restoration work on one of my jackets. He decided to get some Horsehide and create his own jackets. Dave and I have been communicating for the last couple of years about all manner of leather Jackets. He is very keen on the Monarch made jackets. I have a goatskin A-1 he made. I bought not knowing Dave had made this. A bit big for me, but a beautiful jacket.

voLI2SyiFT8s5DjwuNZqPzNFrddnI83CnFJtpIAn7_D_K5y38F6ELwnSPqNl5JcQdltCl6oWMqvxbP4EBHwK9xzWTjIXh_qQfQJ70qrYEafKxCS9XXfFDo_EsgeNB7xPzpI3batoOECw5lOOHmQ6T4onlw-324w6BzESfTquAHWXDSwLGYrXir_sbG_BlUby4WBdnwm8wg-zTnQUekMPnPB1PQuRrqnSjgcncL2SVMDxhzXb9qOItCDB30B-nSZOLR3VM1PlBQm_d5rNtaT0DidPOHLXfNNrpOUamB2xpTz-Nck3c-demlYZX3Uz1iffRnnTdyp-kZLfSetqZlGsc9Jf1BwOJYbn5ryVOZ4ExrePpCfW2IPc5kFZSdSD2Ah5igGocOK_9v-h6kHzJL4RyXFoO5zfYyVcnKfq7nfD2ba3AxPCbqonpFsYNzYMNAhPqHeEeZhg2tTJcamEggUEKHioPrj2aSkhhaePLk4cAsLxPI0t_HxcWYc7jmM_YtxkOj_kWLqUMW0it1RoL4bQf4F0sbi3zEJ1BRG-xcxOzmaE1QRgTxiPAgSG7C_-Tlxozd78Q5-onFlLLUULb9VmkQB5UwQTnQrsEJV_QTRakrVV3dg-SW3cHO76Rna7p4pEJU8cJTnhFcP_OfCtZfjQMIQhTb8kALlZrDY2zdT_hQo=w809-h643-no
N_b6eQDZcWB3uc0enH4Y0O-anziCIHSWCc_ikd7O8e7AGrxsm2echo_cdQfoKc5SwKvoVspHKpVVwiKY6aoaDzbpkOWyqchS9MAHoqO3cTjSGRqkldIjzGSkRuiXJ1_E8jCsRP5Ht2hTZazd_ybZmutGQvm3WKNkEKKTHsXcXSrvKKEm10f5Haz9XxR2miThsF7I1iw_GdLc9ydgUNJh2m8zUZDwo5ecy-WcpX_6LkOyf66kJiNYZggiveBfunWYh_TV42kXBxUk3mPEBfAbyW0tvPGpoSCqusEhxvlR0uijJmwEsa3Jj6btUy2vhHiSOns-ArcK7icTnjBXm8RdJmse8diwpFDIjbgvJ--lZhslka2lOwFA1r9xvCfXC9DsPBBhflwbsIEifoUOOIU3P6FyyhShK4IQXfD19qjbTRpnCRwLm2pQ_OiaDmA5GLh3o4kctf-oNJssJ9tcuJqroxnfinaSyO9fMX0yG2mkbQ5Wns_GLNxCiebah3G6Gr6hIa5QIUJQnrjY9GFaLBFljP6TyTIGXLiDDUWXNUGjiD9n5OgLNDuY7RX5BX2Jgv99bqkQs5KMSnnlJI1E3HIXgOS_yVSD4g0cUAZCR1QWqYcTuKmFqPKANftuyGvLkc7SqxAF_jsTRof8hKtyH-ZcBgsD1lQZHDjPnGFKMYM8yQw=w968-h643-no
R7mqOVHEgJ2sGUiDX2o3vNMUw4NssKIdeD8zZ6BuFMpFwaf_8DnlnfkMLHg5ELFpQ02vayKcDZaYqkKsOZzl_UO0dj5jDxXmfGByYQiZds9lmsebuhYcoLZ5YZer-zZz1EhOj4Pu1qVJxse5VAfahJk0uMPS5nkgy6bRPyZ8C8cgdZMzoE2CwfnPt_yZEOg0LQsgxygF65bAgi5fQdHfM7UDv585jABshMGAD-_ihUGdNatnKsSnDONzLWvwKf62cLjRQhitAaUdIyMjwy0nhRrCVedycR5cKuFLtmAeDnhJgZcfN3SitzmHRJGq7-8bN0QQp-mI5XILtP5jTAc4jTVZYEkuyREBV88bum9Mww9u2FD3O1F4ZxZuhy2Iozk8zOCWdDzn2EIOnfNN8Ku7c98G0Z_CasllEdU2n4wNTKzBGukIRCPd687i41C7hK6QcrP5JOd355zjlRKdCJZLs3DBqoMNKkiMJ73gkN0wQRTJQ6hvZTmWA9v-jbOdo7FeC8PNH4SUyfflhqkniHcK6QEJLg_Vv-0QIzlheulUK4pLwSVznOTDLcK90ycpQpmIWXV7VRTZmj1n1yYT1NX2wd_T4Qup96nH_Nac_5NgwZHsU1KWOCuW_R07hQxhzFkJGmYmujzL3ALTys-WEdlHisxPPm4E_D7WukzsSDY36z4=w835-h643-no

bretron

Call Me a Cab
As a fellow Monarch fanboy, I have been insanely tempted to purchase one of his half belts. They look exceptionally well made.

Nice gear. I can see why maybe he/she would be somewhat hesitant to post here - those prices are up there with the best.
The pics looks great, but it's only once we - as in "we" get some hands-on that we will know for sure.
But hey, nice looking and no wait. If I were in the market, and one were in my size, I might jump...maybe.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I think Dave is busy making jackets and solving the Label Forgery capper. I won't share the Forgery information until the investigation is complete.

Dave and I share our great finds and less than great finds. We have done a lot swapping of jackets and pants and pieces! I've seen him turn some stuff around. We tip each other on jackets. Dave has a good eye.

He interacts here so seldom I forget his username. I forget he is on here until I get an email from him. I know he read about the Forgery. He has tracked my forged Monarch/Californian Jacket and the recent Ponyhide though a few ebay sellings.

He is also a jacketologist, Wow! I have done many pictures of jackets/measurements on various jackets I own, then he comes back with these details about tailoring. He has taught be a ton about making these jackets and the whys and so forths. He is into it.

He is aware of what is out there, who is out there. Dave and I have talked since day one about "My" jacket. He actually has one of mine we talked about re-making, then he got a couple of Monarchs from me and he is just into Monarch styles, techniques,.The Goatskin I unknowingly bought just stood out to me as high quality; parts and construction, plus the Monarch label. The seller told me he knew nothing about the Jacket. I was stumped, but bought it for the Quality.

I know Dave is making a Custom Jacket for a member here. I'm sorta aware of what it is styled. It will be interesting as I understand it. So, I don't know what I want.

As a fellow Monarch fanboy, I have been insanely tempted to purchase one of his half belts. They look exceptionally well made.
I agree. When he's ready he should really publish around here. From the look of things he's got the gift and he would find some very interested folks in his wares around here.

D

Deleted member 16736

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave goes under the moniker Maverickson. I have also had some great back and forth emails with him. His work is beautiful and right up there in my opinion.

Skyhawk

Vendor
Dave is a great guy and solid jacket maker! We have been online friends for years. He is a big Monarch fan and has had a ton of rare Monarch originals. I have seen his work and it's top notch. I have seen him completely dis-assemble an M-422, replace bad panels, and reassemble the jacket into a solid vintage wearer.
Quality of materials and craftsmanship will be excellent and should not be a concern if one is interested in purchasing one of his fine jackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner