Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A peek inside the seduction community.

$ally

One Too Many
lol Oh my gosh, that made me laugh so hard inside.

Johnny B said:
Pickup artists are hilarious. They're almost always some idiot moron who mistakes their bravado for confidence and they have this entire language devoted to talking about how they didn't get laid:

"yeah i was sargin an hb7 and during the dinner i Used a few really good DHV stories i had and ran the Mnemonics game on her, and negged her by calling her evil, calling her a heart breaker, ect..... She reacted fairly well by sending constant IOIs of laughing and trying to tell me shes a nice person"

When you get down to it it's basically playing the law of averages: after the first couple dozen reject you for being an idiot you're bound to find one that doesn't

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Sounds like gamer talk all right...or creepy techno-religious cultist talk...did the picker-upper at any time produce a galvanometer?

Let's face it folks: if you are single and unattached in today's world, you better get used to a lot of impersonal, transactional negotiations with strangers, where both of you are forced to pretend and be yourselves at the same time. Because it's an impersonal, transactional world, where people pretend it isn't because, well, because.

The right person for you is not just going to come along naturally any more, unless you're both very deserving and very lucky. People have their little lists and their defenses and their driven needs, and most are just smart enough now to play the game without knowing the rulebook.

And save the romance for when the dealing's done. Romantics don't get very far these days unless they can hide their hearts. The good news is that we make excellent cynics. The not so good news is that it hurts like hell to have to keep playing the game. And until you do find someone, all you have is the game.

Happy Anti-Valentine's Day, everybody, and good luck out there on the market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner