Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A quick question on Akubra names

One of the Regulars
Can any of you hat aficionados tell me whether the Drover sold by Hatsdirect is the same as the Bushman sold by David Morgan? Thanks in advance.

fatwoul

Practically Family
My understanding is that they are different hats, although how different I don't know.

This is supported by this page which includes the following comment:

indygear.com said:
...Also, some of the modified Akubras - the Drover and Bushman models - work well and give the fan the ability to customize their hat...

The way that is worded suggests they are different hats.

Based on pictures of them they certainly look different, but pictures can be deceptive.

Mark George

New in Town
A Bushman is a Bushman

You can get a Bushman from Hatsdirect, too. Just takes a while. I asked Ron that very question a couple of months ago.

Mark

MikeS

New in Town
Mike, at DM here. The Bushman and the Drover are two different styles. The Drover has a wider non-snap brim and a more round open crown where the Bushman's crown is a little boxier (is that a word?).

Bushman Specs:

Crown: 5 1/2 inches
Brim: snap, bound edge, 3 1/4 inches

Drover Specs:

Crown: 5 1/2 inches
Brim: bound edge, 3 5/8 inches

One of the Regulars
Thanks, Mark and Mike. OK, I've got the info I needed. I've already got a Bushman(from DM, btw ;) ) and didn't want to end up with the same hat by another name from hatsdirect. They're saying it's an 83mm brim which would be the same as the Bushman, that's what got me wondering. 3 5/8 will be nice and shady. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner