Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A really big Borsalino...maybe for Canadave?

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Originally posted by Imahomer
Boy, that is a nice looking hat. I'm going to be keeping an eye on it! :cool2:

Humm, so you are gonna go for it?

This hat if measured correctly is a size 7 3/8... and the number is most likely not a "9" but a "6". International hat sizes for American, English, French are as follows:

7 3/8 (American) 7 1/4 (English) 6 (French) 59 (Metric) and 23" (circumference).

The largest hat size number in HAT LIFE on the conversion chart is an 8 1/2 (French) which is a whopping 25 inches circumference.

Ask this seller HOW it was measured, inside or out, and with what.

The moth tracking...looks questionable...I would request a close up photo from seller.

Originally posted by Andykev
The moth tracking...looks questionable...I would request a close up photo from seller.

You are quite right Andy. I saw that hat in passing a few days ago and the same thought went through my (melon)head. That moth damage is not in a place that affords one the benefit of hiding it well. A close up picture of the damage might change my mind but buyer beware. :eek:

Regards to all,

J

Canadave

One Too Many
Originally posted by Andykev
The largest hat size number in HAT LIFE on the conversion chart is an 8 1/2 (French) which is a whopping 25 inches circumference.
A whopping 25 inches? Wow, that makes my 24 1/2 inch noggin' seem positively tiny! ;)
(Believe it or not, I once heard Oprah - don't ask - say that her head was 26" around!!!)
Originally posted by havershaw
Hey Canadave!
Check it out: (snip)

*23" seems like a huge circumfrence to me...
My house is full of Canadians right now, so I was thinking of you.

*See above. :rolleyes:
Full of Canadians? What up wit dat???

David

Originally posted by Canadave
A whopping 25 inches? Wow, that makes my 24 1/2 inch noggin' seem positively tiny! ;)
(Believe it or not, I once heard Oprah - don't ask - say that her head was 26" around!!!)

*See above. :rolleyes:

Full of Canadians? What up wit dat???

David

Geez, thanks! Just what I need an image of pumpkinheaded Oprah wearing a HUGE Mr. Charles hat running around in my head now! Great! LOL LOL I am glad YOU feel better about your hat size now. :rolleyes:
A house full of Canadians! Are they invading from the north?! Get my gun! LOL LOL LOL LOL

Regards to all,

J

havershaw

Practically Family
Sorry - been a tad busy (still am).

I'm recording some folks from Halifax, Nova Scotia, and they're staying with me right now. It's been a pretty hectic week at the ol' studio, trying to get a full-length album done in a week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran