Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A thought on Bars and Restaurants.

The_Edge

One of the Regulars
Originally posted by Bogie1943
I just am one of those people who at times long for a simple way of life of the golden era.

I know exactly what you mean for I am one of those people as well. I yearn for simpler times and a slower pace also. But I like modern convenience. It's a catch-22.

Originally posted by Bogie1943
I take heed to you point of view, we should not let this go to our heads and let us not get full of ourselves.

That's exactly it except with out my provocative, angry sarcasm.

Williamson

New in Town
One of the things I have noticed is that the imagery and constant bombardment of information that is subconsciously absorbed in this type of environment, is a decrease in the ability for people to carry on a sensible conversation.....this of course can be due to the home environment as well where too much "watching the tube" is practiced. When I go out to lunch during meetings with coworkers, conversations consist of verbal sound bites that seem to be a repeat of something I myself have heard on tv.....no one bothers to put any thought or substance into what they have to say. My wife and I have two couples that we are very close to......we go to the same church, similar in age, live in the same community....one of the highlights that we enjoy each month is parents night out.....we go to our favorite restaurant And in that quiet, cozy and layed back atmosphere we are able to talk and carry on conversations with one another. Sorry for the long note but just wanted to say that I too enjoy a "big screen-plasma free" dining experience.Regards to all. Williamson.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Not needed: a second on that?

My wife just looked over my shoulder as I read your post, and said "you have some smart people on that computer site, if it was up to me I'd throw both our T.V's into the trash can"....

Well, my wife IS from Berkeley.:p

Williamson, I agree 100% with you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot