Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Tip Of My Hat To You All...

ilcatex

New in Town
Thanks to all of you fine gentlemen and ladies who have made my lurking :eusa_doh: here over the last weeks so enjoyable. My name is Chris and I have been wearing hats most of my 33 years. In the SW burbs of Chicago, it is only recently that I have started to see hats (fedaors in particular) on other heads.

Anyway, thanks again, and now that I have posted/gone public, feel free to stop by and say hello! If you live in the blogosphere as well, my blog address is below.

Mateo

New in Town
Hello Chris!

Welcome!

Do you have any more pics of your suit? It looks really good from what I can see in your avatar. Nice hat too ;)
Around here I used to mostly see middle-aged guys with hats and "oilcoats", the outback style, now though I see many younger guys wearing hats too, mostly stingies a la Timberlake, but still nice to see.

Best, M.

Duck

Practically Family
Welcome Chris. Great bunch of folks here at the Lounge. Glad to have you aboard.:)

Bogie

One of the Regulars
Welcome to the fedora lounge Chris!

That is one fine avatar you have there, and I second requests for more pictures of that suit! :D

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
Welcome to the Lounge, Chris. It sounds like you're going to fit right in here. I too will make a request for more pictures of your suit (and any other hats you may own, of course).

Chanfan

A-List Customer
Greetings and welcome!

I may be taking a (quick, overnight) trip to Chi-town in a few weeks - it'd be my first time there!

ilcatex

New in Town
I knew you were a friendly group of folk... but 17 replies! What a great online community. The suit isn't really a suit - it is a Fiorvanti sportcoat that I found on ebay for a GREAT price... just had to have it. Here is the pic from ebay:
d5c0_12.JPG

The hat is one of the great Burlington Coat Factory finds... a Huckel hat. I will post pics of my others soon.

Thanks again for the warm welcome! Now it's definately time to turn in. G'nite!

mikepara

Practically Family
hi Chris.

Nice to see you. This is a great place for learning things, not all vintage stuff either. It's amazing what some of the regulars know, never mind the bartenders! A wealth of great information and they can save you heartache because they happily share their bad examples and mistakes, this saves us making them, too late? Regards Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff