Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A very young Bobby Darin and Jimmy Durante sing together - in Fedoras!

Mario

I'll Lock Up
A sweelt little clip I found on YouTube of the two having a good time performing together:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AOBxiuOFmBA&hl=de&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AOBxiuOFmBA&hl=de&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I have a 45 of Bobby Darin singing You Must Have Been a Beauitful Baby. I used to put it on the victrola and rock to that all the time when I was a kid. I even sang it in his style in a cabaret-style show a few years ago.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
scottyrocks said:
I even sang it in his style a cabaret-style show a few years ago.

You should hear me singing 'Beyond The Sea' or 'Don't Rain On My Parade' at the top of my lungs when I'm under the shower. That's usually the moment when all the warm water stops and a sudden gush of ice-cold water sends me running for cover, screaming all the louder... :D

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Paladin said:
Great clip, Mario. Durante was one of my favorite comedians when I was a kid.:)

Yes, he was one of the best, no doubt about that. There are a few nice clips with Jimmy on YouTube, and thery're definitely worth to be watched. Entertainment at its best.

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Mario said:
A sweelt little clip I found on YouTube of the two having a good time performing together:
Fantastic, Mario! Thanks for posting this. Notice how comfortable Durante is in using his fedora to play with character, moving it all over his head. Darin mostly leaves his alone, unless he is following Durante. Very cool!
Steve

Mario

I'll Lock Up
jazzncocktails said:
Fantastic, Mario! Thanks for posting this. Notice how comfortable Durante is in using his fedora to play with character, moving it all over his head.

Great that you can appreciate that. Sometimes, when I'm...well, call it animated, I like to shift my hat around quite a bit to go along with the situation. Doesn't happen too often, but it does. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR