Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AAArgh can't post pics, how do i do it??

Mark

Practically Family
Hi, would love to post pics of my new Highwayman but cannot do it. I have managed to upload pics onto my lap top (windows 8), have then gone onto Fedora Lounge site and new posts but what do I do now. Tried all sorts to no avail. Please help but put it simply bit dense with computers.
Thanks guys.
:mad:

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
If you look on the toolbar above the box about three along from the right is an insert image icon. It should allow you to browse your computer to find the image you want. Then just upload it.

Stand By

One Too Many
Hi, would love to post pics of my new Highwayman but cannot do it. I have managed to upload pics onto my lap top (windows 8), have then gone onto Fedora Lounge site and new posts but what do I do now. Tried all sorts to no avail. Please help but put it simply bit dense with computers.
Thanks guys.

Try the help offered here, Mark - but if still no luck, PM me and I'll try and walk you through it ... I'm a bit of a computer pigmy myself, so I know how it is.

Stand By

One Too Many
Thanks guys.

Try the help offered here, Mark - but if still no luck, PM me and I'll walk you through it ...

I need to update this, but here's a good start:

ScreenShot2012-08-30at24742PM.png

Mark

Practically Family
Thanks all. The one thing I have not yet done is upload to photo bucket or the like. My pics are in the computer so to speak. Will try again. Part of the problem (my problem) is I do not understand the jargon! Here goes anyway...

Mark

Practically Family
Hi again, I need that offer of help Stand By. I have managed to put my pics (17) onto Photo bucket. I can find the blue share icon showing on each photo but after that i'm lost. Also found the Links box with IMG for bulletin boards and forums but after I click on it nothing!
Thanks again
Mark

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
When you click the IMG link, it should highlight in pale yellow, which effectively copies it. Then you simply paste the link into the Quick Reply box on FL, it'll just come up as code at this point. When you post it, that's when the image will appear on the screen.

Stand By

One Too Many
Writing here as a computer pigmy, Mark, I entirely sympathize - I have a Mac in my Treatment Room here AND a Microsoft laptop, and I do all my thread composition on the Microsoft laptop - and I don't use the Photobucket option that the more talented folks here all seem to advocate. Maybe one day I'll figure that out too.
So try my method:

With your memory card in your laptop, select the image you want by clicking SAVE AS and give it a name - such as AeroHighwayman1.jpg - and save it to your desktop.

Then come to the FL and hit "New Thread" and do your write up in the box as normal.
Then, scroll down and you'll see Attachments - and click on "manage attachments".
A box appears and you click on "ADD FILES". Click on that - and click on SELECT FILES when it appears.
Then, in the box that's appeared, you type in the file name - in this case, AeroHighwayman1.jpg - and from where, as in the LOOK IN box, so in this case, you select Desktop.
Click OPEN.
Then click UPLOAD FILES when it appears. Wait a few moments - and the image appears in an upper box where it'll be stored with all images you upload - and you drag it to the lower box to include it to your thread. That image will then be used for that thread.
Then simply repeat this process to add more images to your thread.
When you're all done, click on INSERT INLINE.

Now, as I've discovered with my new camera, the resolution is such an upgrade from my old one that the files are now a bit too big for the FL server to handle - so I compress the file (on my desktop before I save it to the desktop) by 50% - and that works just fine for me. You may not need to do this - it depends on your camera.

As Blazerbud says, as you go, click on GO ADVANCED to then PREVIEW POST to preview the look of your thread before you commit it to the Forum. Make any revisions in the lower box and click Preview Post again so you see the newly updated appearance.
If the images appear above your text and you don't want that and you want to rearrange the appearance, simply copy and paste the text within the [image... ] (including the [ and ] ) and manage the appearance around your text that way. Sounds complicated but it isn't and you'll learn by doing ... like I did. It works for me.I just added a bunch of photos on the "Bi-Swing back" thread today - same way as ever.
Good luck and I hope this helps ....

Last edited:
Literally, all you need is an image link. Place it in between (per the graphic above) the [ i m g ] link here [ / i m g ] and it's good to go.
I put spaces in as it will goof up otherwise.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Mark, I am the world's worst technophobe, I don't do computers and I don't do computer speak.
So in plain english: Look at the quick reply box at the bottom of this page. You see that strip of icons with a yellow box and two capital A's on the left? And the last box has the capitals ABC with a green tick under it? Starting from the right:
ABC is the spell check. The next one, the speech bubble, is for quoting
like this.
The third one is for uploading videos, and the fourth one is the one you want.
Click on it. It will make your screen go opaque, a small menu box appears. On the left it says: From you computer,
and on the right it will say: From url. Click From your computer. Now click the box at the bottom that says select files.
A new image will pop up. It will take you to your photos in your computer, click the image(s) that you want to share.
Now select: Upload file(s) and just wait.
When it's finished your screen will show. [IMAGE] then your picture[/IMAGE]
There you go, and not a word of computer speak.

Mark

Practically Family
Thanks Stan by, appreciate your time/efforts, i will have another go tomorrow. I need to write down your guide as no printer. Thanks also to Butt-man and others. I know its only another Highwayman but i'v been benefiting from FL for 3/4 years now so would be nice to give a little back in a small way.

Hope to post soon with my pics.

Thanks Stan by, appreciate your time/efforts, i will have another go tomorrow. I need to write down your guide as no printer. Thanks also to Butt-man and others. I know its only another Highwayman but i'v been benefiting from FL for 3/4 years now so would be nice to give a little back in a small way.

Hope to post soon with my pics.

BUTT-MAN That's what I get? Damn you! lol

Mark

Practically Family
Dejected, humillated, you name it I feel it. It has defeated me, cannot post pics!! :( Oh well.
But my new Highwayman is fab. Brown (dark) FQHH, size 36, bit off the arms and body only. No storm cuffs or inside pocket (as Aero don't like-em), corduroy hem, MacKenzie Wethered Tartan lining.
Not keen on the Talon zipper, very difficult to use. I did ask for the old Aero zipper but they forgot it or some thing. I also asked for a consistent hide and nearly got just that except one arm is very grainy and wrinkled but on the positive it makes it more mine I guess. Cannot complain as it was a remake, first being too short (but a more beautiful shiny hide).
Anyways thank you all for the help you gave re; posting pics,

Regards
Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore