Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AAGPBL

Kim_B

Practically Family
I am a baseball junkie. I love it past and present. This weekend my hubby and I watched the Ken Burns' film "Baseball" and my favorite section covers the 1940s-1950s and the All American Girls Professional Baseball League.

I was doing some looking online, and found this site - thought it might be interesting to other ladies of the Lounge :)

http://bss.sfsu.edu/tygiel/hist490/Women/league/Guide.htm

Kim_B

Practically Family
Me too - I just found a website where you can order replica uniforms...how cool would that be for Halloween?! :)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I have recently gotten into baseball, in part because my lifelong Redsox fan of a boyfriend has helped me to appreciate the historical aspects of America's favorite pastime :) I don't think I could ever play a sport that involves a ball, so I'll have to sit this one out!

katylouise

New in Town
Kim_B said:
Me too - I just found a website where you can order replica uniforms...how cool would that be for Halloween?! :)

Ooooh, could you share the website?? I just watched A League Of Their Own on cable the other day and was thinking, What a great Halloween costume!! :)

Madison Paige

Familiar Face
My goodness! It's insane to me that the league insisted that girls give their hands such close attention! I know they wanted them to appear as feminine as possible and I know I insist on having my hands nicely manicured and soft, but I've played baseball for many years and I know it's very hard to keep your hands nice when you're playing a sport like that!

PolkaDotMeggie

A-List Customer
I adored the article. I especially liked the idea that they wanted the women presentable... but also seemed to understand that you are still going to come away a bit heated up and messy! I am glad to see that they did not expect the players to be pristine 100%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo