Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS Nick Hilton Summer Jacket. c. 48, 50L.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS Nick Hilton Summer Jacket

Also, please "like" my Facebook page, WaterhollowTweed!

This jacket is absolutely BEAUTIFUL--my pictures don't do it justice at all!

Made for Nick Hilton, the Princeton clothing store that is owned by the son of Norman Hilton, the man who was largely responsible for the Ivy Style of the Golden Age, this jacket is cut from a summer blend of wool, silk, and linen, which gives it a wonderful hand and drape. The patterning and colourway of the fabric do full justice to the summery quality of the cloth; the checking is a wonderful medley of sky blue, lavender, light black and bracken--a mixture that is so subtle that try as I might the horizontal lavender stripes kept showing as the same colour as the vertical blue stripes in my pictures!

The Summer colouring of the jacket is continued in the interior, with sky blue facings on the leading edges of the interior pockets.

The jacket is cut as Hilton's "Gibson" model--a contemporary two button jacket with subtle darts and dual center vent. It features pick stitching in the lining. It is half-canvassed and fully lined, and features four buttons cuffs. It was made in Canada, and is in is in absolutely excellent condition.

Asking just $49 > 45, or offer.

Tagged 50L, this measures:

Chest: 24 1/2
Sleeve: 27 (+1 1/2)
Shoulder: 20 3/4
Length: 32 1/2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR