Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Actor Gary Oldman and his love of fashion

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Norbury, Streatham, West Norwood ... and I'm in Croydon.

Inspired by this thread, I'm just about to leave work and pay a visit to Cenci. I'll report back on the current state of affairs.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Following on from my previous post: I went to Cenci and recommend that, any 'Loungers' in the area who are not yet familiar with the shop, pay them a visit. It is the biggest vintage shop I have seen in the UK. It is well organised, even to the extent that the trousers are labelled with period; waist size; length; extra length that can be let down. They even colour code their labels so you can easily spot the sizes. There are also plenty of large sizes.
There are hundreds of ties, many of which seem very early. And piles of hats, in particular grey homburgs. And it isn't just what you can see. There are piles of suits out back which they will sort through if you tell them what you are looking for.
What's more, the items do not seem to be overpriced.
The only downside is that the stock is mainly European, in particular from northern Italy, Austria and Switzerland (or so it would seem).
I will post pics of the trousers I purchased at some point over the weekend.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
The suits are so tightly packed on the rails that it's practically impossible to get them in and out.

i've been to a few shops where, after a few minutes of reaching up and trying to prise clothes apart on tightly packed rails i've ended up with aching arms and given up. i think shop owners don't realise how a bit of space on the rails makes them much more inviting to look through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran