Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Actual weight of a leather jacket

How much green are you going for? I think it would have to be either CW or the deer-tanned Cowhide. I don’t know, it may look good contrasted with black X-150.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
How much green are you going for? I think it would have to be either CW or the deer-tanned Cowhide. I don’t know, it may look good contrasted with black X-150.

Not sure yet, I would technically have to go with Kawasaki green, but I am thinking that British green would look better and still work

Cal Leather Straight Zip PD HH: 6.13 lbs
Apparel Annex CHP: 6.46 lbs
LW PJ27 HH: 7.31 lbs
Pegasus D Pocket HH 4.96 lbs
Vanson Vest Octagon and X-150: 4.82 lbs
Vanson Chopper Octagon: 6.78 lbs
Vanson Ike Brown CW: 5.6 lbs
Vanson Comet CW: 5.5 lbs
Vanson Highwayman CW (old): 7 lbs
Vanson Hardcore CW (new): 7.6 lbs
Vanson Force Perf CW: 6.67 lbs
Vanson Commando X-150: 5.97 lbs
Bates Highwayman I: 6.01 lbs
Bates Highwayman II : 5.82 lbs
Bates Motorcycle: 5.6 lbs
Beck-Arnley J-100: 4.25 lbs
Walter Dyer Scooter: 4.5 lbs
Mars Brando Kangaroo: 5.04 lbs
Alexander Leathers Roadster HH:. 6.1 lbs

Adding CL LAPD: 6.27 lbs

Adding a few more:

Langlitz Columbia Police with Cascade Collar: 6.51 lbs

Cal Leather LAPD w/ gussets: 7.12 lbs
Cal Leather CHP/Straight Zip: 5.75 lbs
Cal Leather Brown LAPD: 5.25 lbs
** Waiting for another CL LAPD-- I bet it is over 7 lbs

Schott Legendary Black Horse: 6.37 lbs (I was surprised. It does not feel this heavy when one is holding it).
Eagleson's Police: 4.56 lbs.

Hh121

Banned
Adding a few more:

Schott Legendary Black Horse: 6.37 lbs (I was surprised. It does not feel this heavy when one is holding it).

King of CHP.

Adding a few more:

Cal Leather LAPD: 7.5 lbs

I just enjoy heavy leathers, on and off the bike. I feel naked and less secure if I wear a less heavy jacket when riding. Similar to the feeling I get when I do not wear my full face helmet. Also, the heavy ones do not feel heavy when on, if they did I may be more inclined to agree with you. I do have lighter ones or denim jackets for those times when the temps do not agree with the heavier stuff.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Don't understand the question.

I found that beyond the weight, it's how the jacket feels when you wear it. Some jackets are a real pain to wear because they might put too much pressure on your neck for example while a heavier jacket with better weight distribution would feel much more comfortable to wear on a long day.

I just enjoy heavy leathers, on and off the bike. I feel naked and less secure if I wear a less heavy jacket when riding. Similar to the feeling I get when I do not wear my full face helmet. Also, the heavy ones do not feel heavy when on, if they did I may be more inclined to agree with you. I do have lighter ones or denim jackets for those times when the temps do not agree with the heavier stuff.

Exactly the same.

I don't mind lighter jackets but I'll only truly love heavy ones. And I just never seem to hold on to a lightweight jacket, regardless of how much I initially like it. Right now all of my jackets are in the heavy class and I don't even think about selling any.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I found that beyond the weight, it's how the jacket feels when you wear it. Some jackets are a real pain to wear because they might put too much pressure on your neck for example while a heavier jacket with better weight distribution would feel much more comfortable to wear on a long day.

I haven't found that. For me its how hot they are too.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Exactly the same.

I don't mind lighter jackets but I'll only truly love heavy ones. And I just never seem to hold on to a lightweight jacket, regardless of how much I initially like it. Right now all of my jackets are in the heavy class and I don't even think about selling any.
I'm exactly the reverse. The heavy ones go and I've had some beauties. Just never wear them. Hate that suit of armour feel. Nothing I do in life requires that level of theoretical protection.

roadking04

Practically Family
I finally got around to weighing my Schott 618hh. I thought it was heavier and harder to break in than my previous 618. My size 48 came in at a little over 5lbs. My newer 46 weighs in at 6lbs.
20210314_091534.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy