Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adam Hat, Off to Landfill.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Here is the Adam hat I spotted at the local antique mall.
I was wrong about the size - it's a 7. And still no price, the dealer could not be found. Why am I listing this here?
:rolleyes:

adam1.jpg

adam2.jpg

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Scotrace,

Thanks for passing this along...I might be interested in the hat if the price isn't too steep. Would you mind checking into the price and let me know. If it's a 7 3/8, the size is right! Thanks again for the heads-up!!

HaraldTheSwede

Familiar Face
Now that's one mighty fine looking hat. I wonder how much time I can spend in this place before I start collecting. My fingers start itching when I see a good looking hat for sale. ;)

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
See modified first post

Pictures above. Not much help without a price. If anyone is interested, I'll pick it up for you. Probably around $20, judging by others in the booth.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I have the hat

It IS a super nice hat. Much too good to leave on a peg in a shop. So I bought it for resale. One Lounger has expressed interest.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Still available

This hat is still sitting on my library shelf.
The felt in the brim is stiffer than the crown. The lining is clean, though not what I would call bright any more. . The felt is very clean, a sort of dove gray. Prefect ribbon, with wind string. Leather sweat is clean and tight. The edge binding is all tight as well. There are some finger marks at the pinch that will clean right out (I may just do it anyway). It's an Adam Executive, a very nice, well-preserved hat in a size 7. There are some small chew craters on the underside of the brim. I didn't see them until I had it out in full sunshine. No reblocking or shaping needed. The shape is quite strong and well-set, no rumples or wrinkles or creases. It's a pet peeve of mine when someone describes something as Like NEW! Never Worn!!! when it's very clear that it is NOT like new. So with the exception of a. the hand soil at the pinch (felt at pinch is NOT damaged in any way), b. the dullness of the lining and c. the chews, this hat would pass for new. That's why I brought it home. I'd just give it to a younger family member but it seems we are all rather large head folk.
I have $25 in it. There is one lounger who may yet take it home. To cover my trotting back and forth to the shop, etc., I think $30 for this grade hat is fair.
And there it is.
To check my credibility, you may want to have a look at my ebay feedback: talkingmachine.

Revised: In the sun cleaning this hat, I see more moth bites on the top of the brim. One fairly good sized by the bow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart