Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adams Fedora

Lawman

One of the Regulars
OK, who got the 7 3/8 Adams fedora from Ebay last night? I fell asleep before the close.

Oh, and how much would you take to part with it!

Mark

Ande1964

Practically Family
I don't know who won it, but I can tell you I would have been all over it if it had been my size. I have two Adams hats, and they're both really great.

Anj

Bammac

New in Town
Adam's....

Lawman said:
OK, who got the 7 3/8 Adams fedora from Ebay last night? I fell asleep before the close.

Oh, and how much would you take to part with it!

Mark

I picked that one up, despite a beautiful last-second shot by a sniper that came very close to beating me.

Bam

Akubra Guy

New in Town
Hi--first post to the hats forum. Nice to know that many of you have this "disease" worse than me!l:D

Lawman, that was a beautiful Adam Fedora--sorry you didn't get it. However I have one similar to the one you missed that came with another hat ( hidden 40's Stratoliner) that I was after. It is an Adam Majestic, size 7 1/2 (measures 23 3/8") Mid-grey color, 2.5" brim with 3/8" binding, 5 3/4 open crown but currently has a teardrop bash, 13/16 ribbon, wind trolley. Binding and ribbon match hat color. Retailed for $6.00 and all tags are still intact. There is no date that I could find anywhere but it looks late 40's

I don't think this hat has been worn much if at all but it is not perfect. The sweatband is soft and shows no wear however the stitching has disintegrated at the front about 1/4 of the way around, and the liner plastic protector has several pin holes in it, but considering its age I think its an 8 out of 10. I wish I had a bigger head so I could wear it but its waaayyy to big for me so I was going to just ebay it to pay for the stratoliner. Any way if you are interested I could email you some detailed pictures to show you all the details. I figured I'd give you first choice before I listed it. I haven't posted enough in the FL to post pics yet but I will correct that soon enough!

I was excited to get my first almost pristine Stratoliner and the Adam needs to find a good home (head)!

Jerry

carter

I'll Lock Up
Akubra Guy, You don't have enough posts to receive a PM yet. However, I am interested in your Adam 7 1/2.
(Deleted reference to a live auction)
No idea how to contact you but I am in the market.
Carter

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Carter, that Adam, hat on the 'bay is not from 1928. It probably early 1950's from looking at the picture. That "open road" style was not around during the 1920's. Also when looking at the size tag and the leather on the inside , it is clearly not a 1920's hat. It's not worth what it's going for.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

carter

I'll Lock Up
besdor said:
Carter, that Adam, hat on the 'bay is not from 1928. It probably early 1950's from looking at the picture. That "open road" style was not around during the 1920's. Also when looking at the size tag and the leather on the inside , it is clearly not a 1920's hat. It's not worth what it's going for. Steven www.bencrafthats.com

Steven, Thanks for the warning. That's good to know. Carter :eusa_doh: :)

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
besdor said:
It's not worth what it's going for.

carter said:
Steven, Thanks for the warning. That's good to know. Carter :eusa_doh: :)

edit: I feel I compounded a wrong by opining on a running auction. My apologies.
I have removed my comments.

But it's certainly not from 1928! lol

carter

I'll Lock Up
feltfan said:
edit: I feel I compounded a wrong by opining on a running auction. My apologies.
I have removed my comments.
But it's certainly not from 1928! lol

Feltfan, I may have led you into this. I have removed my reference to the auction as well. Carter [huh]

Ande1964

Practically Family
I can't believe people commented like that on the live Adam auction! I am appalled!

And, as the current high bidder, I'd like to add that you're all right... the hat is worthless, and none of you should place a bid!

;)

Anj

carter

I'll Lock Up
Ande1964 said:
I can't believe people commented like that on the live Adam auction! I am appalled!

And, as the current high bidder, I'd like to add that you're all right... the hat is worthless, and none of you should place a bid!

;)

Anj

I already did. Ditto. :mad: :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner