Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adventure! Fedora Lounge Folks in Action!

Gijoe

A-List Customer
A hard November trip on the Mountains, 2407m ( 7897ft) Normal peoples dont hiking in this season. On the last hill in deep snow and ice, I crept on hands and feet.
This was the hardest Trip in my civilian live.
The Clothing is all Army
-Kriegsmarine M43 Cap
-US Makinaw
-Russian Navy Shirt
-Panzer Trouser
-German Leggings ( protect great from snow )
- US M1910 Sweater ( not so stylish but the warmest Army Wool Sweater)
- Swedish Shoes

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Gijoe, that looks mighty cold there. Well done though, my hat's off to you. One question, what kind of socks or foot wraps did you use and are your boots the kind with the rubber lower half?

Cheers!

Dan

Gijoe

A-List Customer
Yes it was cold.... i learned for my next trip....a 2nd pair gloves !!! This are standard swedish Army Shoes with a feelt insole, I wear a pair Wool Socks and a pair very thick "UK Northwest Frontier Socks " from What Price glory.

A Few more Infos about the Panix Pass , a historic place
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panix_Pass

Last edited:
A hard November trip on the Mountains, 2407m ( 7897ft) Normal peoples dont hiking in this season. On the last hill in deep snow and ice, I crept on hands and feet.
This was the hardest Trip in my civilian live.

well you sure beat me out for greatest adventure. the most exciting thing I've ever done is climbed to the tip of the Chimney Tops in the Smokey Mountain National Park. great look! you said Civilian life, when / where did you serve?

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Yes it was cold.... i learned for my next trip....a 2nd pair gloves !!! This are standard swedish Army Shoes with a feelt insole, I wear a pair Wool Socks and a pair very thick "UK Northwest Frontier Socks " from What Price glory.

A Few more Infos about the Panix Pass , a historic place
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panix_Pass

That is some interesting history of the area. Thank you for sharing that.

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
You know, it's funny. I was looking at this image here.
fbschnne.jpg

Then I realized that the U.S. Mackinaw is now being reproduced by Gap, just lacking the belt.
gp792534-00p01v01.jpg

Nowhere near as sturdy and useful, but it goes to show that the military clothing of WWII is contemporary street clothing of today. I've even seen some clothing from Banana Republic & other manufacturers that look like WWII German tunics. Just change a little bit, make it fully lined or insulated and you have a contemporary or stylish bit of clothing that harkens to the past. Nothing that screams military in this day and age because it is one color and wool or cotton, not digital camouflage and synthetic ripstop material. The stuff Gijoe uses is not only functional and practical as well as time tested, it is now stylish.
So, Gijoe is one stylish vintage hiker in an age of nylon and other synthetics. Well done!

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Yes, I agree. Much more practical and sturdy. His looks like it belongs where he is at.
It's just funny, if you look around you see so many clothing companies copying military clothing of WWII from both sides. Maybe making a few tweaks here and there to make it their own style so to speak, but one can see where & when it came from. The good styles come around from time to time like Gijoe's Jeep Mackinaw, and of course the ever present trench coats. Hopefully this winter I can get to have some good adventures and show off some gear at the same time.

Cheers!

Dan

HepKitty

One Too Many
The spoiled girl got to ride shotgun in the helicopter at work today. Even got an instrument lesson that I'm not advanced enough in flying to remember yet (thanks Ron!)

Gijoe

A-List Customer
It was a cold Sunday. My Favorit Winter Outdoor Clothing holds me warm. I use the At The Front Makinaw since this fall and loves it !!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot