Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adventure! Fedora Lounge Folks in Action!

J.W.

A-List Customer
Volcanic-adventure Teneriffe

My partner and I have been to Teneriffe last week. We climbed to the peak of the Teide, Spain's highest mountain and a volcano. Okay, we took the cablecar to 200m below the summit, but it took us another 50 minutes to reach the peak at 3718m. The air was incredibly thin, our hearts pounded like we had just run a marathon and the sulphur fumes were not making life any easier up there. Still, it was worth the effort getting all the way to the top!

web.jpg

web.jpg

Here's me coming down the steep and rocky path:

web.jpg

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I went hiking in the hills near my house, no good pics of it to show unfortunately, although this is a little something anyway:

Photoon2011-11-19at1721.jpg

Because of technical difficulties, I couldn't really upload the picture on my Mac, so I used the photo application to get it instead. Very poor quality, I know.

Here's a shot of me back home after the two hour ordeal. Safari shirts, since at least last spring, have become as much a part of my style as hats now, if not a little more. Wearing the Open Road here.

Photoon2011-11-19at1552.jpg

botty

Familiar Face
A friend and I recently had a day hike around Bath, England trying out 'historic hiking' with a view to some longer hikes next year.
Here are some photos taken on the walk with a 1930's Zeiss Tengor box camera.

img057k.jpg

By botty1 at 2011-11-21

That's me.

img058j.jpg

By botty1 at 2011-11-21

img059u.jpg

By botty1 at 2011-11-21

Kitted out in original/reproduction 1930/1940's clothing and equipment.

img061zh.jpg

By botty1 at 2011-11-21

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Not too action packed, but the spirit of adventure is there:

In Mussoorie, India (the Queen of the Hills), in front the ruins of George Everest's house. He could pick a great location!

409477670.jpg

Orvil Newton

One of the Regulars
This is the Thumbnail for a recent YT video by friends Chuck and Laura, currently exploring Southeast Alaska.
CSEA-82213.jpg

The hat, I believe, is a Pendleton fedora. The cigar, knowing Chuck, is a Punch double corona.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy