Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adventure! Fedora Lounge Folks in Action!

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Not too action packed, but the spirit of adventure is there:

In Mussoorie, India (the Queen of the Hills), in front the ruins of George Everest's house. He could pick a great location!

409477670.jpg
Very cool!

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here

We went on a picnic yesterday after church to Crabtree Meadows along the Blue Ridge Parkway in the mountains of North Carolina. After we ate we took a hike down to Crabtree Falls. Along the trail we passed a nice young lady who remarked, "your daughter is such a little darling."

I just smiled and said, "thank you", but thought to myself, what do you mean my DAUGHTER, I'm almost 60 years old, who do you think I am, Strom Thurmond?

Then again, the more I thought about it, it was a rather flattering comment. [huh]

forestranger

New in Town
This is about as close to adventure in the outdoors I get these days. A long walk with some good friends in my own fenced woods on trails I constructed. A long ways from the old days with the forest service:).

Attachments

• fall 2012 (2).jpg
    fall 2012 (2).jpg
    402.1 KB · Views: 261

Big Man

This is about as close to adventure in the outdoors I get these days. A long walk with some good friends in my own fenced woods on trails I constructed. A long ways from the old days with the forest service:).

Getting out is getting out. Even a stroll through your own woods beats sitting around doing nothing. What part of the state did you work with the Forest Service? Who knows, we may have run into each other at some point in time.

Big Man

It was the NC Forest Service and Hillsboro, Asheville, Whiteville and Kinston were duty stations with a bit of western US fire details.

I worked with the NC Forest Service at Edwards Nursery in Morganton from 1975 to 1979. I was an equipment operator and drove trucks delivering seedlings mostly across the western end of the state. I did, however, have occasion to be in the eastern end of the state from time to time. I've also been a Firefighter for the past 35 years and have had many occasions to work with the Forest Service on wildland fires.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
image.jpg

Dark silty Turkish coffee & cigars in Istanbul (just prior to a wonderful downpour & lightening storm arching across the city) en route to various rural border areas where photography was in advisable.
Few weeks ago.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Just picked it up today actually. It's a Boys Own type 30s book for kids. Grand sum of 10 pence at the charity shop! Lady told me they usually just dump old books like this!!!! Shameful, but just no market I guess. Love the old graphics!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy