Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adventure! Fedora Lounge Folks in Action!

DesertDan

One Too Many
Very cool pics Blackthorn.
I have to say that of all the ancient sites Petra has always facinated me the most.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Thank you Renault and Dan, it's fun sharing my pics with all of you. Petra was fantastic, but I'd be leery about going back with so much going on in the region with ISIS, et al.

Mr. Godfrey

Practically Family
Inspired by Blackthorns camel adventure, I found these two pictures while moving a cupboard the other day, the one looks so old (about 20 years ago) but for a few rupees what do you expect!

Elephant ride at the Amber fort, Jaipur

image.jpg

Elephant ride in the jungles of Thailand. Top tip, never ride an Elephant bear back with shorts on! Boy does it chafe ;-)

image.jpg

Elephant was called Sumbat, and quite a ride to a salt mine in the bush.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Excellent, Mr Godfrey! Great pics! We were in Thailand last year, but never made it to Jaipur, although I very much wanted to get a Thai elephant ride. I hope there will be a next time.

Oldsarge

One Too Many
Hopefully my wife will recover enough to be able to fly again. I so want to take her to Thailand to see the orchid farms, eat Thai food and take an elephant back ride into the national park by Changmai.

Mr. Godfrey

Practically Family
Thanks Blackthorn and Oldsarge I do hope the pair of you get the chance to travel over there, Angkor Wat in Cambodia is a great place too, I would love to catch the Eastern & Oriental express from Laos to Singapore or other way around, after a few Singapore slings! at Raffles or afternoon tea in the Tiffin room. I love the fans in the bar, they are palm fans on a brass rod that moves back and forth like a an old punks wallah, keep meaning to replicate at home, will some day.

My dream safari would be the Abu camp Elephant safari in Botswana and I would wear my pith helmet just for the hell of it :), hey it is my dream any way.

image.jpg

http://www.abucamp.com

Salus Eo Ire Itum

Renault

One Too Many
Thread just keeps getting better! Very nice pics!!! Been away for a while as things have been just too hectic around the place. But I did pick up a new tent several weeks ago and when time permits, I plan on posting some new camp photos.

R

Thread just keeps getting better! Very nice pics!!! Been away for a while as things have been just too hectic around the place. But I did pick up a new tent several weeks ago and when time permits, I plan on posting some new camp photos.

R

I always look forward to your posts, Renault... past tents and future ones, too!

DesertDan

One Too Many
Great pics Mattie, sure looks like fun and Congrats on your success!
I would love to hunt in Africa as well as Alaska and Canada.
Hopefully I will get drawn for elk and deer this year. The mountain country in Arizona is quite nice, but it would be great to elk hunt in the Rockies.
Upland birds and Elk are my favorite hunts. I would like to try goose and duck huunting someday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points