Adventure! Fedora Lounge Folks in Action!

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Mojave Jack, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Woodtroll

Woodtroll Practically Family

That does look like fun! How does it do in the snow? And just curious - do you drive it on salted roads?

Zombie_61 and Big Man like this.
  2. Big Man

Big Man My Mail is Forwarded Here

It goes good in snow and mud. If it's too slick, I use an old trick my 95 year old father-in-law told me about. He grew up in the NC mountains and his first car was an old T model Ford. He said when it snowed, he would wrap a rope around the tires (through the spokes) to make "chains".

I try to stay clear of salted roads (in any vehicle).

3. Woodtroll

Woodtroll Practically Family

I've heard of that rope trick, but lacking any vehicles with spoked wheels, I have yet to be able to try it. ;) I hate salted roads for any vehicle, but it would be a real shame to get that one all crusty and rusty.

Zombie_61 and Big Man like this.
  4. Tiki Tom

Tiki Tom One Too Many

Cairo. What an experience. The city has more than doubled in size since the last time I visited. Traffic cannot be described in terms that would mean anything to most of us. Pure chaos. People were friendly and helpful. Food was good. The history is mind-blowing. A local saying is "Man fears time. Time fears the Pyramids."

Cairo hat.jpg Cairo pyramid view.jpg

Cairo Pyramid hat.jpg

Cairo bazaar.jpg

Cairo beer.jpg

Attached Files:

5. jswindle2

jswindle2 One of the Regulars

I love these pictures. They make me want to get out and visit the world. Thanks for posting them!

RBH, Bushman and Tiki Tom like this.
  6. Robert Heyer

Robert Heyer New in Town

Tiki Tom, redlinerobert and Zombie_61 like this.
  7. Robert Heyer

Robert Heyer New in Town

Attached Files:

8. AmateisGal

AmateisGal I'll Lock Up

I'll have to post some pics of my upcoming camping trip in South Dakota! My boyfriend and I love it - we stay in a small cabin (which has air conditioning as I can't go without!) and take the boat out and go fishing. Never thought I'd love the outdoors as much as I do, but ever since I met him, I've had the opportunity to see a lot of wonderful places!

Tiki Tom, BobHufford and Big Man like this.
  9. redlinerobert

redlinerobert One of the Regulars

That's great! Before we met my wife had never fished a day in her life. Now she loves it!

10. AmateisGal

AmateisGal I'll Lock Up

I fished a bit with my family when I was a kid, but that was about it. My boyfriend has a boat and LOVES to fish, so he's introduced me to a fun new activity. I really enjoy it!

Tiki Tom, Zombie_61 and Big Man like this.
  11. redlinerobert

redlinerobert One of the Regulars

I've been into fishing most of my life, have owned 3 Ranger Bass boats in the last 20 years. I've not fished much this last year but hopefully that changes during the latter part of this year with striper season in the fall, which is my favorite.

AmateisGal likes this.
  12. LolitaHaze

LolitaHaze Call Me a Cab

While not quite as adventurous as some folks on here, my friend and I recently went digging for shark teeth at Shark Tooth Hill near Bakersfield, CA. The heat and excitement had me forgetting to take photos of the dig, but I did get some grubby post-dig photos of my outfit -- because I'm that person! You can read more on my blog if you are so incline. http://vintagestarlet.blogspot.com/2020/07/an-adventure-shark-tooth-hill.html
    DSC00959b-lo.jpg

13. fireman

fireman One of the Regulars

Great picture...do that in black and white and it would be a period picture. Nice job!

Tiki Tom, Zombie_61 and Big Man like this.
  14. LolitaHaze

LolitaHaze Call Me a Cab

Thanks! I'm not much of an adventurer, so I am happy to have been able to capture the essence.

15. Big Man

FB_IMG_1595542950849.jpg

Today's adventure took me to Roaring Creek Falls near the foot of Mount Mitchell in western NC.

16. Big Man

FB_IMG_1595702606781.jpg

I spent some time this morning working on a habitat restoration project with our local land conservancy program. I think I sweated out a couple gallons of water in the process. Now it's time to sit on the front porch and "rehydrate" with an appropriate beverage. ;)

RBH, Trenchfriend, Tiki Tom and 5 others like this.
  17. The one from the North

The one from the North New in Town

IMG_20200720_113712588.jpg

quikrick, RBH, Tiki Tom and 6 others like this.
  18. The one from the North

The one from the North New in Town

The best season of the year, hunting season!

Attached Files:

quikrick, RBH, BobHufford and 2 others like this.
  19. Bugguy

Bugguy A-List Customer

Not recent, but still me in action... many, many years ago. Midwest divers were desperate to get wet. In this case my dive club had an exclusive for the water holes at the Elmhurst (Ill) Country Club. We dove for golf balls that we sold to the driving range to stripe. My sister would come out with me and hide on shore so when I surfaced she waived a flag so I wouldn't get beaned. You can't make this stuff up.

3 20.Elmhurst CC  Diving for golf balls 2.jpeg