Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adventurebilt hats status update (read if you have an outstanding order)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M J Coco

New in Town
FWIT regarding the AB website: I happened across it last September, communicated several times with SD, and placed an order. I was told that it would ship by the end of October, then by Christmas, and here we are in April. Last communication with SD was in December.

Obviously, if I'd have found this site/thread, I have made a different decision. The info on the AB site that relates to contacting SD really should be deleted.

Meteorite2468

New in Town
Your problem is irrelevant to this case. I was made several promises by the man SD himself for delivery and eventually refund. Needless to say none happened. We’re 1.5 years into it. The website should be removed period.

Meteorite2468

New in Town
It’s not about solving my problem anymore. Beyond that. But what’s wrong is wrong and if the website owner and administrators does not take resoonsibility for that then it’s my duty to caution others not to make the same mistake. I’m not griming but I’m also not like you and sit there and do nothing.

Meteorite2468

New in Town
Besides if this posts does not apply to you feel free to pass on by. I’m sure there are the odd participant whom finds this info handy and that is my goal now.

Meteorite2468

New in Town
Didn’t mean for it to be “cute” but if you say so....:). One year and six months for the others. Not sure if that still fits Scottyrocks criteria time for custom hats. It sure fits mine for lost case/ thievery. Better change of running out of sun before that hat’s done.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
It’s not about solving my problem anymore. Beyond that. But what’s wrong is wrong and if the website owner and administrators does not take resoonsibility for that then it’s my duty to caution others not to make the same mistake. I’m not griming but I’m also not like you and sit there and do nothing.

There is nothing for me, or anyone else here, to do. It has been noted in the past about delays with AB. After relaying your own experience in this appropriate thread, as others have done, there is no need to continue to beat a dead horse, as others have not done. You've been thus far burned, have told us, and then have felt further compelled to announce it many times.

Or perhaps you'd like to tell us again.

suitedcboy

One Too Many
On the one hand you have, "if you haven't anything nice to say then don't say nothing at all".

On the other you have, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing".

Some pieces of both going on here

I don't have a dog in this fight either so I will butt out.

Meteorite2468

New in Town
This thread is particular to AB and it’s doings. Its in the present and not just a delay anymore. MJ Coco above might agree. If the thread has no meaning to you stay off it then. It was my wallet (not yours) that made the payment to someone I trusted. Try small claims court when you’re on the other side of the planet. Maybe my posts here does nothing but also maybe someone else posts or contributes something more helpful. I’ll take my bet.

This thread is particular to AB and it’s doings. Its in the present and not just a delay anymore. MJ Coco above might agree. If the thread has no meaning to you stay off it then. It was my wallet (not yours) that made the payment to someone I trusted. Try small claims court when you’re on the other side of the planet. Maybe my posts here does nothing but also maybe someone else posts or contributes something more helpful. I’ll take my bet.

Caveat emptor. Sorry about your wallet.

And I'll read and comment in any open, public thread I like, TYVM.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up

Oh, so now you're taking it upon yourself to hijack a thread I started in 2011 for your own purposes?

I lost money, too. I consoled myself by buying a different hat. Try that.

Meteorite2468

New in Town
Oh, so now you're taking it upon yourself to hijack a thread I started in 2011 for your own purposes?

I lost money, too. I consoled myself by buying a different hat. Try that.
Hijack, no. Did not see the need to start another thread on the same topic. Thought it would be in any other potential buyers interest to stumble upon this discussion. Something I missed.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The Fedora Lounge is NOT Consumer Reports, and members repeatedly bemoaning the failure of a hat maker (or bakery, or your missed morning newspaper, or whatever..) is NOT something we wish to read ad nauseum. Nor is it your duty to be the "Town Crier", or the Siren of the Sea warning ships of perilous rocks ahead. Everyone already knows about the history of AB hats and Mr. SD.

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN BEATEN TO DEATH SINCE 2011 (YES, 8 OR MORE YEARS). And I believe other threads before have been deleted or retired.
It is time to pull up the "big boy pants" and remind yourself that sometimes in life, things don't go as planned; the check in the mail never comes, and you are going to have to live with the reality that your money is now gone and there is nothing to show for it. And we're talking about a "hat". It isn't your life savings some swindler duped your aged mother out of, rendering her penniless in her golden years.
Chalk this up to experience. There has been an abundance of "red flag" discussions about this hatter for a long time. I am certain this is not a deliberate, evil scheme to steal money from you or anyone else. Businesses fail all the time, go bankrupt, or are unable to pay their creditors.

I would walk away, and leave it behind me. Anger and constant complaining does nothing to "solve" this problem for you, and can only make you more bitter and miserable, not to mention how your vocalizations do the same to others.

Now, go find that vintage gem at a flea market, antique store, garage sale, or even an on line auction site. Still, many show up and timing is everything. Don't waste your time here complaining. Go, seek and you shall find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana