Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adventurebilt hats status update (read if you have an outstanding order)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wageofsins

New in Town
I've been following this thread and the forums in general for a while now because I too had been waiting for a hat from Steve past how long he said it would take to arrive. I ordered my hat from Steve back in January 2013 I believe, and it just arrived a couple days ago on October 1st 2013. Originally he had told me it would take around 6 weeks I think, I forget exactly how long. I hadn't heard anything from him for a while, and he wasn't responding to my emails, but then recently, around the end of August I was sure to put in the subject of my emails that it was for a very important event (wedding) and that I really needed him to reply. After that he did, and he worked pretty quickly to get it done. It was sent to the wrong house because he wrote the address off by one number, but after it had been sent back to him, and we figured out what went wrong, he sent it first class again to me and I got it in good time, about 10 days. He went so far as to send a text to my phone showing a photo of the package and the address mistake. After he had started responding to my emails again in late August, he responded to any after that very quickly as well. Anyways, I got the hat and it looks great, it was well worth the wait and the money. It's a rabbit felt too, in case that matters to anyone.

So just wanted to let people know he is still working on hats and getting them out there. It's frustrating at the time wondering if he's actually doing it or if it will ever come, but once those lines of communication are open he's very pleasant to converse with.

Good luck to anyone else waiting or looking to buy one!
tumblr_mu0r5vKVUf1qgb4q5o1_500.jpg

mingoslim

Practically Family
Wow . . . 10 months? He responded to your email? He TEXTED you?
I have been waiting 5 years. No repsonse to emails, calls or certified mail . . .
Maybe I should try yet again.

mingoslim

Practically Family
Just kicking this around because I saw a beautiful AB on the "what hat are you wearing today" thread . . . Was wondering if there are any updates on getting backordered hats from Steve? Anyone hat luck recently?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Mingo - several people over at the COW forum have received their hats from Steve recently.

This includes both new orders and some from a few years ago. You are probably aware that Steve has been sick for a couple of years, which has devastated his finances. As a result, he is using new orders to fund getting the materials together to fill the older ones.

It's a slow and painful process (both for the clients and for him too) but he's trying. I do think Steve should communicate more with his customers, but there is no way he is trying to rip anyone off - quite the opposite, he's trying to make good on his commitments when most people would have just closed the business ages ago.

Philippines Jones

New in Town
Asking Friendly Advice to fill a 2008 Order

Mingo - several people over at the COW forum have received their hats from Steve recently.

This includes both new orders and some from a few years ago. You are probably aware that Steve has been sick for a couple of years, which has devastated his finances. As a result, he is using new orders to fund getting the materials together to fill the older ones.

It's a slow and painful process (both for the clients and for him too) but he's trying. I do think Steve should communicate more with his customers, but there is no way he is trying to rip anyone off - quite the opposite, he's trying to make good on his commitments when most people would have just closed the business ages ago.

Happy New Year to All,

I just wanted to take this opportunity to ask for any friendly advice
on how I may be able to get my May 2008 order from Steve to be
fulfilled.

Every year I email Steve for a status update, but no update yet.

I even sent money to Steve with Paypal just to get his attention
and to ask him to follow up for me , but I guess he didn't even
see the Paypal payment.

I understand Steve's saga and I feel very sad for him.
I lost my wife and a large part of my lifetime savings
trying to save her from Ovarian cancer after my insurance
ran out, so I feel for Steve.

But I really would like to know how long the line is in front
of me. Really no hurry, just want the hat, not a refund.

Thanks to anyone for your thoughts.

Best Regards,
Ken

mingoslim

Practically Family
Happy New Year to All,

fulfilled.

Best of luck, Ken . . .
I am in the same boat regarding waiting to hear from Steve.

Also, sincere prayers to you and yours for the loss.
Like you, I also lost my wife and a large part of my lifetime savings in the last five years, so I feel for you and Steve.

METKISS

New in Town
Hope?

Happy New Year to All,

fulfilled.

I even sent money to Steve with Paypal just to get his attention
and to ask him to follow up for me , but I guess he didn't even
see the Paypal payment.

I understand Steve's saga and I feel very sad for him.
I lost my wife and a large part of my lifetime savings
trying to save her from Ovarian cancer after my insurance
ran out, so I feel for Steve.

But I really would like to know how long the line is in front
of me. Really no hurry, just want the hat, not a refund.

Thanks to anyone for your thoughts.

Best Regards,
Ken

I ordered my hat 6 years ago...after emailing regularly over the years without any response, I finally got a reply a few weeks back saying my hat will arrive before the end of the year! :eusa_clap

bloc

One of the Regulars
I ordered my hat 6 years ago...after emailing regularly over the years without any response, I finally got a reply a few weeks back saying my hat will arrive before the end of the year! :eusa_clap

Hi Metkiss, whereabouts in Wales are you? I have a hat shop in Llandeilo, would love to see your Adventurebilt hat when it arrives if you're nearby :)

Golden

Familiar Face
Just purchased a Raiders from Steve.
Gave me a 4 week turn around time.
Seems to be in good spirits and busy filling old and new orders.

-j

mingoslim

Practically Family
Anyone heard anything recently?
I am still waiting to hear something back. Its been five years and counting . . . no response from Steve in over 2 years.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
How is his health, now? Is Steve Delk still working on older orders, or is he putting them off in favor of newer ones? I did not order one, myself, but I am interested in knowing what's going on.

RJR

I believe that John Penman posted recently saying that Steve is working on old orders.I don't think he mentioned a timeframe.

XPLSV

One of the Regulars
The health issue Steve has encountered are very tragic...wod not wish that on anyone. I can say I haave seen peoe post oictures of their new hats from time to time...but I have not seen a single posting of someone receiving a hat from the late 200u time frame or early 2008 timeframe in at least three years. I do not believe the claims people make that the old orders are being filled.

mingoslim

Practically Family
The health issue Steve has encountered are very tragic...wod not wish that on anyone. I can say I haave seen peoe post oictures of their new hats from time to time...but I have not seen a single posting of someone receiving a hat from the late 200u time frame or early 2008 timeframe in at least three years. I do not believe the claims people make that the old orders are being filled.

Like XPLSV, my order dates to Dec 2007 . . . 6 1/2 years ago.

The last response I have from Steve was Feb 2010 . . .

"I am on Dec and Jan order, from 07 and 08 now. But, there was a lot of them! In Dec. So, we are closer to your hat than I have ever been. Any change of size or address since you initially placed that order? If so, email me so I get your hat right, and to the right address."

Has anyone heard anything more about this timeframe?
Has anyone with an old order (pre2010) received a hat from him since 2010?
Or is he just taking the money for newer orders and running with those?
Did he declare bankruptcy?

Mingoslim

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
I absolutely understand the frustrations, but I also find this a very unpleasant thread. Sometimes I almost get the feeling, that people would feel better - or at least less frustrated - if he had died.

Like everyone else around here, I don't know the whole story. However, until I hear otherwise, I assume, Steve is (or has been) very ill - and that he is caught in deep debt with very few options. I sincerely hope, he doesn't read these pages. I'm sure, they don't do anything good for his health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot