Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Advocate Glamoure all the time..."

Girl Friday

Practically Family
Glamour or not, I cannot leave the house without lipstick on, at the very least. The clothes can be thrown on but the lipstick always has to be there. Even in sneakers, blue jeans and a baseball cap. I guess I am vain that way. ;)

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Girl Friday, lipstick is a must for me too when leaving the house. (Although I have to admit, I left it off last night when I had to take my hubby to the ER. Otherwise, I don't leave the house without it.)

Girl Friday

Practically Family
ITG said:
Girl Friday, lipstick is a must for me too when leaving the house. (Although I have to admit, I left it off last night when I had to take my hubby to the ER. Otherwise, I don't leave the house without it.)
Okay, you have to tell the story now! :eek:fftopic:

Is he okay?!?!

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
LizzieMaine said:
On the other hand, there *is* one occasion when you'll find me absolutely oblivious to how I look, and that's when I have to shovel out the driveway. Then you'll find me in a mangy old parka, army-surplus ski pants, a Radar O'Reilly knit cap, a moth-eaten scarf, and a pair of big clumpy boots. I'm pretty sure that in this outfit I'm completely unrecognizable, so I don't worry that the neighbors might start to gossip about how I've "let myself go...."

Oh Lizzie, you're doing it all wrong! You need to dress it up and look helpless* so that some wicked nice fellow driving by in his pickup will stop and shovel for you! ;)

*Feminism doesn't apply when it comes to yard work and shoveling.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Girl Friday said:
Okay, you have to tell the story now! :eek:fftopic:

Is he okay?!?!
Yes, he's okay for the most part. It's better than we had suspected. They diagnosed him with pneumonia (we were afraid it'd be worse). Hopefully, the ER didn't misdiagnose and it's just pneumonia. This was our 2nd visit to the ER since Thanksgiving, so we didn't want to rush there unless we felt a dire need. Anyway, back to glamour talk.

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
I too can't leave the house without lipstick on. From the moment my mother allowed my to wear lipstick (on my 16th birthday, she made a big deal of letting my buy a Loreal lipstick--a la mauve--from the drug store) I've had it on. I feel so washed out without it.

But I have my hidden non-glamour outfit--velour sweatpants. Four steps below jeans of any sort. They are so comfy, who cares if I'm channelling my inner Carmela Soprano?

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ITG said:
Yes, he's okay for the most part. It's better than we had suspected. They diagnosed him with pneumonia (we were afraid it'd be worse). Hopefully, the ER didn't misdiagnose and it's just pneumonia. This was our 2nd visit to the ER since Thanksgiving, so we didn't want to rush there unless we felt a dire need. Anyway, back to glamour talk.
Gosh, please keep us informed as to how he is doing. I really know what it's like to have to go to the ER, especially during the holiday's. Please send him my best wishes, and keep us informed as to his progress.

Miss Dottie said:
I too can't leave the house without lipstick on. From the moment my mother allowed my to wear lipstick (on my 16th birthday, she made a big deal of letting my buy a Loreal lipstick--a la mauve--from the drug store) I've had it on. I feel so washed out without it.

But I have my hidden non-glamour outfit--velour sweatpants. Four steps below jeans of any sort. They are so comfy, who cares if I'm channelling my inner Carmela Soprano?
When I'm at home, I live in my velour sweat suits. So comfortable!! I love them.
If I leave the house I at least have to have lip gloss on. My lips get dried out very easily from the meds I'm on, so if I don't wear lipstick or lip gloss, they can get kind of painful.

Feraud

Bartender
Excuse me for popping my head in here but I saw this and had to comment.
ITG said:
I left it off last night when I had to take my hubby to the ER. Otherwise, I don't leave the house without it.)
ITG I wish M- a speedy recovery!

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Daisy Buchanan said:
When I'm at home, I live in my velour sweat suits. So comfortable!! I love them.
If I leave the house I at least have to have lip gloss on. My lips get dried out very easily from the meds I'm on, so if I don't wear lipstick or lip gloss, they can get kind of painful.

I understand the dried out lip thing. I was just on Cape Cod for the holidays and I forgot how dry mine can get during a New England winter. Throughout the holidays I had a chapstick tucked into my velour hoodie. Tee hee!

I just watched PBS series "1940s House" (highly recommend btw) and they had some interesting statistics on how to keep the home-fires burning by keeping up ones looks. "Beauty as Duty" I believe was the saying and a very red lipstick called "Victory Red". Can you imagine how fabulous that color must have been. Sigh!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran