Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero 1920s Original Hercules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azog

Familiar Face
I do believe his jacket has shrunk but not sure about the zipper length getting shorter. The zipper is made of interlocking metal teeth with no space between the teeth so how can that shorten? The zipper still looks straight. If the leather shrunk at it the zipper it would have to buckle a bit to fit into the shorter length.
His standing posture is definitely different to the first photo. Possibly has camera was zoomed in (nearer or further from him) a different amount too, creating different perspective distortions. The photos were taken many months apart so I think they are fair variations.
To my tastes it was too short for him new as well, sleeves and especially body.

If someone believes one way..I am not trying to convince them otherwise by parsing the matter of all the fine details. However..I am suggesting that there are other motives behind this..which will of course be denied with blame being placed again on anyone who claims to notice discrepancies. Maybe it has shrunk some[huh]...but hiking it up and stretching out the arms for effect is for a reason as well. Certainly believe what you want. ;)
HD

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I do believe his jacket has shrunk but not sure about the zipper length getting shorter. The zipper is made of interlocking metal teeth with no space between the teeth so how can that shorten? The zipper still looks straight. If the leather shrunk at it the zipper it would have to buckle a bit to fit into the shorter length.

Good point. Like I said, I'm a novice at this stuff.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
His standing posture is definitely different to the first photo. Possibly has camera was zoomed in (nearer or further from him) a different amount too, creating different perspective distortions. The photos were taken many months apart so I think they are fair variations.
To my tastes it was too short for him new as well, sleeves and especially body.

These are all very good points indeed- the absence of buckling and puckering around the zip is interesting. I guess the only way you could keep the zip straight and the jacket shortened would be if the tension at the back was greater than the front, pulling everything 'up'...

zhz

Practically Family
These are all very good points indeed- the absence of buckling and puckering around the zip is interesting. I guess the only way you could keep the zip straight and the jacket shortened would be if the tension at the back was greater than the front, pulling everything 'up'...

I don't remember if this jacket shrunk in front or not. But if the shrinkage only happened at the back, everything is make sense. As you said, it pull up everything, so the higher collar without any relaxation around shoulder, the straight zip etc...

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't remember if this jacket shrunk in front or not. But if the shrinkage only happened at the back, everything is make sense. As you said, it pull up everything, so the higher collar without any relaxation around shoulder, the straight zip etc...

Why would the leather on the sleeves and back panels shrink, but not the front panels?

Well..if you pull up on the front of the collar..and pull down on the back to keep the collar high up in place..what do you think would happen..? Come on...Doesn't this seem odd to anyone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari