Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero 1930s Half Belt arrived!

HectorTorta

New in Town
After almost five months to the date, my custom 1930s Half Belt from Aero arrived. The order summary was 40" in brown FQHH with 1" added to sleeves & length. Leather lining at bottom with brass hardware. One inside left pocket with stud closure. Loch carron tartan lining, and only 1" in difference between rear and front length. (Degfault is 1.5")

For the record, I'm 6'2" and around 180lbs.

Before:

beforeb.jpg

Front, open & zipped:

frontopens.jpg

frontclosed.jpg

Back (open) & profile (zipped):

backic.jpg

sidexe.jpg

3/4:

threequarter.jpg

Inside:

tartan.jpg

The length feels good overall, and the chest is good but feels a lot slimmer than my Aero 42" cafe racer, though that one I bought larger to accomodate add'l layers & armor for motorcycle riding. It's not uncomfortable, but definitely a tad snug. Should this loosen at all as the leather begins to break in?

In terms of fit, does anything look off?

It looks great. I'm thinking that had you not added the length in the arms, you'd have been hosed! As it is, it's about perfect. It would be easier to tell with the shirt tucked in, but far as I can see, it's just right!
Congrats on the new Aero. Just in time for Fall!

I think it looks good. You are practically the same size that I am (6'2" 185 lbs). I add 1 1/4" to sleeves(which comes to the thumb knuckle on me)..1 1/2' to body length. Great looking lining..!!!
HD

HectorTorta

New in Town
I think it looks good. You are practically the same size that I am (6'2" 185 lbs). I add 1 1/4" to sleeves(which comes to the thumb knuckle on me)..1 1/2' to body length. Great looking lining..!!!
HD
Thanks, guys. If I had it all to do over again I'd probably add just a tad more length on the sleeves & length, but I'm happy with how it fits currently. With my arms outstretched in motorcycle riding position the sleeves of course come up a tad but not bad at all.

Only thing that concerns me is that I know from my Aero cafe racer to expect the sleeves to shorten as they get their defined creases during the break-in. We'll see how it goes!

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
It looks great. I also love the lining.
The color is great and I think the fit looks just right.
The arms might not ride up as much as on the caferacer, since the arms are not zipped and is not as tight.

Congratulations on a real classy jacket!

Now here is a rare chans to ask you something. I have also been thinking about a 30´s halfbelt but been wondering about the fit.
You say a 30´s HB 40 is slimmer then a 42 caferacer on you.

I have a 40 caferacer that i can just manage to zip up, no way I could get into a smaller one.
Now if I wanted a 30´s halfbelt to fit me relaxed and not tight, do you think I would have to get a 40 in the halfbelt too?

JakeHolman

One of the Regulars
Great jacket Hector, the fit looks fine. What's the name of the Locharron tartan? Is it Black Watch weathered by any chance?

Griff, I'm not sure you'd want a 30s HB relaxed (I mean, of course you can if you want :)), the cut works because it is trim and form fitting. Maybe a regular HB would suit best?

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I don't want it all loose, I just want to be able to have it zipped open without the front panels going to the sides alot which is the case if it fits like a second skin.

The fit in this thread looks relaxed and nice.

D

Deleted member 16736

Looks great. I'm 20 pounds heavier than you are. but trying to lose the weight. I look forward to wearing a size 40 again!

The thing that always bugged me about this jacket are the side straps. They're too narrow for the half-belt, in my opinion. They're 3/4" and they should be 1". But that's just my pet peeve.

Enjoy your new jacket. Wear it a lot, and especially in the rain.

Davy Crockett

A-List Customer
Beautiful jacket! I think the snugness you mention will become slightly more relaxed as you break it in! I also think the reduced front dip looks better than standard!

HectorTorta

New in Town
Congratulations on a real classy jacket!

Now here is a rare chans to ask you something. I have also been thinking about a 30´s halfbelt but been wondering about the fit.
You say a 30´s HB 40 is slimmer then a 42 caferacer on you.

I have a 40 caferacer that i can just manage to zip up, no way I could get into a smaller one.
Now if I wanted a 30´s halfbelt to fit me relaxed and not tight, do you think I would have to get a 40 in the halfbelt too?
In my experience, (which was confirmed by Amanda at Aero) is that the Cafe Racers fit a little more sung than the 30's Half Belt. So where I was really too snug in a 40" CR, the 40" HB fits much better - even though it's a "slim cut".

Of course your mileage may vary, so take this with a grain of salt.

Note that the 42" is still pretty roomy for me, but is great since I'm usually riding when I wear it with this underneath:

http://www.forcefieldbodyarmour.com/product/action-shirt/2353

Cooperson

One Too Many
Very nice half-belt. Should look even better when it's had chance to beak in and soften up a bit - fit looks great too. Enjoy!

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Cool jacket. Good sleeves. Not too tight. Short length (esp the rear), but acceptable. They must really come short unless you add to them.

Graemsay

Practically Family
Joel, take a look at the Aero Ace Cafe jackets. They have double straps on the waist band, and that looks a lot better than the single strap on a standard jacket.

HectorTorta, Forcefield armour is good stuff. I came off a bike at 30 mph (I know, must try harder :D), and I didn't feel a thing. There was a small bruise on my knee where it had hit the ground.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
In my experience, (which was confirmed by Amanda at Aero) is that the Cafe Racers fit a little more sung than the 30's Half Belt. So where I was really too snug in a 40" CR, the 40" HB fits much better - even though it's a "slim cut".

Of course your mileage may vary, so take this with a grain of salt.

Note that the 42" is still pretty roomy for me, but is great since I'm usually riding when I wear it with this underneath:

http://www.forcefieldbodyarmour.com/product/action-shirt/2353

Cool armour :D

Ok, yeah I get it. So if i Use 40 in a CR then a 40 in a 30´s HB should be less snug.
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24