Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero A2 38-1711-P in heavy FQ horsehide after a year of wear

Gancho

One of the Regulars
Thank you all! Your words make me really proud! From the historical point of view that jacket has not a tipical fit. For me it is more a fashion jacket with a correct historical backround. I love the details and of corse the legend behinds the A2.

The jacket can be worn with nearly everything. I often wear it for work, like here:
5788322546_348cab58dd_z.jpg

zact

New in Town
Ya, just great example of how much of difference the right fit can make. Really awesome. I hope that mine (different style than A2) turns out as good. cheers

Horrido

New in Town
Hello Gancho,

Please could you give me your own measurements? (height, weight, waist, chest) As I'm hesitating between an 38 or 40 and I would like to compare.

Thank in advance

Horrido

Last edited:

Gancho

One of the Regulars
Hi Horrido,

tried to PM you, but doesn´t work. So I answer though the tread.
I´m 192 cm, 88 kg, 106 cm chest, waist don´t know, a 33 or 34 trouser fits. My Aero 38-1711 is labeled 40. The jacket is very very snug and it is not wearable with more than a shirt. If you have an athletic frame I would go for a Bronco. The Bronco is also very trim but fits better in the shoulders. I have a Bronco too and the jacket is much more comfortable. My Bronco is a 42. From my point of view the 38-1711 looks fine when it is really trim, if you go up a size the jacket hangs over the shoulders.

Hope that helps.

Olli

Horrido

New in Town
Hello Gancho,

I think I dont't add my e-mail address on my account!

I asked yours measurements as Amanda from AERO send me measurement of the 15142 in size 40' :

Armpit to armpit 21”
Sleeves 25”
Back 25”
Shoulders 17.5”

I would go for 38' up to Amanda send me measurement for 40'. Indeed, I think that 38 and 40 are very close but when I see your own measurement, I am sure to take 38' !!

As here my measurements :

Chest 91 cm
Waist 71 cm
Height 174 cm
Weight 62 kg

Actually, I'm very dry guy because I practice cycling in competition...

So my choice is done !

Thank to illuminate me Gancho

@+ Horrido

Gancho

One of the Regulars
Hello Horrido,

you have to ask Amanda for the measurement of the 38-1711 contract. The 15142 is a tent!!!!! The later contracts like the 42-15142 are wider in the body and the sleeves as the older one's. Also these jackets do not have all the little feature like the collar stand and the top-stich. Go to the Good Wear webside and compare the differences in the contracts. Good Wear A2 are also topnotch.

Regards,

Olli

trapp

Practically Family
The jacket looks outstanding!

The stuff about it needing to feel very tight to achieve that look is the deal-breaker for me. Looks so nice, but I can't stand tight gear.

Horrido

New in Town
Hello Horrido,

you have to ask Amanda for the measurement of the 38-1711 contract. The 15142 is a tent!!!!! The later contracts like the 42-15142 are wider in the body and the sleeves as the older one's. Also these jackets do not have all the little feature like the collar stand and the top-stich. Go to the Good Wear webside and compare the differences in the contracts. Good Wear A2 are also topnotch.

Regards,

Olli

Hi,

You speak about measurements or form of the 15142 ? Do you means that 1711 is curverd to body than 15142 ? As reporting to 15142 measurements in size 40, I think it would fit you like 1711 with barely 107 cm of chest size.
Versus my denim jacket, measurements for 15142 in size 38' given by Amanda are barely larger whereas ma denim jacket fit me really narrow. Each contrat could fit you well, all depends of the size we choose...

Br,

Horrido

Gancho

One of the Regulars
Hello from Hamburg,

each contract has a different shape and fit. Also each maker interpret the tender by themselves. The cut of the A2 is like that of a shirt, not a blouson. You can have slim fit to baggy.

The 38-1711 contract is tailored for smaller and slimmer, like the average guy of the 30th-40th and for the pilots they choose especially these kind of guys. That is the reason why large originals are so rare.

You have the measurement like these guys, so go for an trimmer contract if you it like a trimmer cut. For me the jackets have for 90% a fashion background. The history is nice, but I would not be interested in A2´s if they all look like the actual one.

It´s adulating that somany of you like my A2. But I sold it half a year ago after receiving the Bronco. It was too uncomfortable and had have the feeling that I looked a little bit "grown out". The Bronco is a 42, snug fitting and comfortable.

@Gremsay: A review of the Cafe Racer will come soon.......

So long,

Olli

Last edited:

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
That's a shame, Olli. This was one the few A-2s I actually liked. I think the fit was perfect.

Gancho

One of the Regulars
The Bronco fits nearly the same, is a little bit longer and perfect in the shoulders. Looks really great and fells much more comfortable. AND, the Bronco is a 38-1711. All the features of the 38-1711 on the pattern of the Bronco. No colleague noticed that I got a new jacket. ;-))

Horrido

New in Town
Olli,

Please could you tell me what kind of brown was your 38-1711-P leather and knits ? As I am choosing color for my futur A2, and I think that seal or jerky brown are too dark for me. Yours looks like perfect brown!!!

Thank in advance,

Horrido

Last edited:

Gancho

One of the Regulars
Horrido,

my A2 is made from Aero´s brown heavy frontquarter horsehide. Normally the A2´s are made from mid weight hides. Perhaps the frontquarter is more expensive, so order before they rise their prizes.

regards,

Olli

Horrido

New in Town
I don't know exactly what correspond brown heavy frontquarter as you have only smooth seal, smooth russet, jerky seal and jerky russet like choice on their website ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot