Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero A2 38-1711-P Oil-Pull Horsehide

Dav

One Too Many
Good morning Gents
Received the above jacket yesterday after a five month wait.
Specs
Oilpull horsehide
Size 42
26.5" body
27" Sleeves
Contrast stitching
Mid brown knits
This is the first A2 that I've ever handled, I've only ever seen one or two being worn, and I am rather impressed with it. Even though this is my fourth Aero I still spent the waiting time stressing over the sleeve and body length but in the end I'm quite happy with the result.

Lets have some pics, not the best I'm afraid, will hopefully take some better ones over the weekend if it stops bloody raining.
IMG_7585.jpg IMG_7561.jpg IMG_7591.jpg
View attachment 5832

I was pleasantly surprised by the feel of the hide, felt almost like a pushbike inner tube when I first pulled it out the box, certainly very different to the FQHH that I'm used to.
Now roll on next summer, as that is when I purchased it for, and I wonder what a seal brown one would look like on me. ;)

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Really nice, Nick. Like the matching hide/knits, and you've got the fit nailed on the first go! Result!

Very nice,Nick. Reminds me of Paddy's OilPull A2 whick took on great patina with wear. As a matter of fact..what ever happen to Paddy..?? Haven't noticed him posting in quite a while.
HD

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Great looking jacket Nick. The specs are somewhat similar to my russet MWHH Aero Bronco A-2. Would be interesting to see pics of yours with it zipped front and back. You have a fantastic jacket collection with a wide range and minimal, if any, duplication.

simonc

Practically Family
Wow Nick, that is the nicest one I've seen in a long while, you scored there my son. I really love the choice of hide too, sturdy and rich, this is on the SJC list.

wdw

One Too Many
Looks very good on you, Dav. You've got the lengths right too, so hopefully worth the wait.

Dav

One Too Many
Thanks Gents and Carrie
Here you go Fanch, zipped front and back shot. I know my belt is visible but the cargoes I'm wearing are quite a low rise plus I could pull them up a bit, so all is good.

Damn - Mountain Man! That looks similar to Sloan's Aero. I love that hide too. You nailed the description of an inner-tube.
Myself I'm a little shy to go that short in the torso, but it does look good. Sleeves look to be perfect. The nice thing is that hide will form nicely to your body so I expect it to age really well.
Congrats. Nice acquisition sir.

Brettafett

One Too Many
Fantastic jacket. Aero hit a home run there! Lengths perfect, looks right. Going to look better and better over time... Enjoy!
I was worried there a while. Some Aero jackets were being made with some weird quirks, like offset collars, off centre labels and the like...
Not this jacket. Looks 100%.
A question, can you check who made it? Should be inside one of the pockets perhaps... Christine?

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
That's looking very good indeed there! I bet you cannot wait to beat the hide up a little before next summer. Oil pull breaks in so nicely.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Gents and Carrie
Here you go Fanch, zipped front and back shot. I know my belt is visible but the cargoes I'm wearing are quite a low rise plus I could pull them up a bit, so all is good.

Nick, actually the body length looks correct regardless of low rise cargoes. I really like the oil pull MWHH that you have with your A-2. Thanks for the additional pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner