Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero aged tan Plainsman size 40

Mandarin

Practically Family
Selling this beautiful plainsman I recently bought from Robbie79. (https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...ailable-from-aero-size-40.97251/#post-2542892)
Sizing with Aero is always tricky. Sometimes a 38 is almost too big, and sometimes a 40 is too short.
This one is a 40. On the paper, the measurements seemed pretty safe (see link).
After a while , the arms retract and for me, they're too short by an inch or 2.
So I'm passing it on, with some regrets, because the color is addictive once you get used to it, and the steerhide is already showing some superb grain.
Here go the measurements:
PTP: 21"
Shoulder to shoulder: 17.75 "
Shoulder seem to cuff: 23.5"
Back: 25.75"
Asking 550€ plus shipping from France, Paypal F&F
Vte Plainsman-1.jpg
Vte Plainsman-1-2.jpg
Vte Plainsman-1-3.jpg
Vte Plainsman-1-4.jpg
Vte Plainsman-1-5.jpg

Despite being a size or two too small for me, if the sleeves were 3” longer I’d buy it without hesitation. This was one of the very best hides Aero ever offered. Not replaceable. Stunning jacket. GLWS.

Navyesq

New in Town
Selling this beautiful plainsman I recently bought from Robbie79. (https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...ailable-from-aero-size-40.97251/#post-2542892)
Sizing with Aero is always tricky. Sometimes a 38 is almost too big, and sometimes a 40 is too short.
This one is a 40. On the paper, the measurements seemed pretty safe (see link).
After a while , the arms retract and for me, they're too short by an inch or 2.
So I'm passing it on, with some regrets, because the color is addictive once you get used to it, and the steerhide is already showing some superb grain.
Here go the measurements:
PTP: 21"
Shoulder to shoulder: 17.75 "
Shoulder seem to cuff: 23.5"
Back: 25.75"
Asking 550€ plus shipping from France, Paypal F&F View attachment 171998 View attachment 171999 View attachment 172000 View attachment 172001 View attachment 172002
Based on your measurements, I may have the jacket for you—PM me if you want to discuss a possible trade.

Bennarion

One Too Many
This is a wonderful jacket and a good model. I also had to sell mine. There were short sleeves and a small chest.

Mandarin

Practically Family
Not sure how to measure this:
- 27" starting from the top of the shoulder and following the curve
-22" following the seam on the back of the sleeve

Vte Plainsman-1-2 copie copie.jpg

Gamma68

One Too Many
The standard measuring method is the take measurements with the jacket fully buttoned and lying flat, not while on a mannequin.

The sleeve length would be from the upper seam at the shoulder to the sleeve cuff, following the curve.

There is quite a difference between 27" following the curve to 23.5" straight down the sleeve. That tells me the measurements are off.

Looking at the original listing by Robbie79, the sleeves are given at 24.4 (and since there's no such thing as .4" I'll take that as 24-1/2").

Mandarin

Practically Family
The measurements were taken with the jacket lying flat.
I used the picture only to illustrate what lines I followed (the long one and the short one).
IMO, the most relevant measurement still is straight down the sleeve.
To be clear, I'll take photos with the measuring tape visible.

Last edited:

Gamma68

One Too Many
@Mandarin, can you please post a photo with a tape measure showing the sleeve length along the curve, as is shown in Bennarion’s post above?

How much is shipping to the USA?

That would be much appreciated.

Mandarin

Practically Family
Sorry for the delay, I've been away. I will post the picture as soon as I'm back (this week-end hopefully).
Shipping to the USA would be 66 $ (59€)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff